Green, Gold, Platinum <--> Green, Gold, Platinum

CREDIT
Delta (G,P,R) --> Simply Cash
Print Wikipost

USA card product conversions...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
Co-branded products are not eligible for conversion per my experience.

Also, AFAIK, AMEX does not offer a DL card without the AF.

When I did a bunch of downgrades in early 2015 they had the "Delta Employee" no AF card.

They also had a green "senior card" for $35/y that doesn't include MR feature without paying another $50 IIRC. Mine does as I've got other MR Cards
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:10 pm

Can charge cards be upgraded to Mercedes Benz platinum or only standard personal plat?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Can charge cards be upgraded to Mercedes Benz platinum or only standard personal plat?
I would like to know if anyone has experience with this as well. Specifically, can a regular Platinum card be product changed to a Mercedes Benz Platinum card?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by EricUSC
I would like to know if anyone has experience with this as well. Specifically, can a regular Platinum card be product changed to a Mercedes Benz Platinum card?

Why would you PC to the Benz card? If you haven't had the Benz card before why not just app for it and get the 75k MR bonus?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:56 pm

downgrading SPG to Everyday Issue

So I tried to downgrade my SPG to everyday or blue cash, and the rep told me that product changes incur a hard pull...
Is this right or was he misinformed? I asked him to double check with his supervisor but he seemed to be pretty sure and a bit offended that I asked for verification..

anyone run into something similar?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
If you review previous posts and the Wikipost you will see that you cannot make a product change from SPG to any card other than (perhaps) Delta. The hard pull occurs because you would be cancelling the SPG card and applying for a new Everyday card.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 6:40 pm

What Should I "Product Change" my Blue Sky Preferred Card to?

I have redeemed all my points on my Blue Sky Preferred Card and don't want to pay annual fees. What should I product change (PC) my card to? I have a superb FICO score and don't want to pay an annual fee. I don't want the downgraded Blue Sky Card because you can only redeem towards "travel" expenses.

The main reason I want to keep an Amex card is for the free Shop Runner membership and "Amex Offers" (discounts with retailers). Having points that can be redeemed in small amounts for statement credit is an added benefit.

Note that Amex has sent me an e-mail offer for the Amex Gold Rewards Card with 50K points w/ $2K spend in 3 months and fee waiver in the first year. Would Amex allow me to "product change" my existing card to their targetted 50K points offer?

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Last edited by edealinfo12345; Aug 4, 2016 at 7:19 pm
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just get the no annual fee Everyday card. It earns 1x MR points on everything, except 2x on groceries, and then if you do 20 separate purchase in a billing cycle you get 1.2x on all that (and thus 2.4x on groceries). And yet it allow you do full transfers (to airline and hotel programs) the same way the annual fee cards do (or, if you want less value, you can redeem for lots of other stuff too).

So product change to that, if you really want to product change (because of how long you're had the Blue Sky Preferred perhaps?). Or if you decide not to product change, apply for the Everyday card from scratch and earn at least 10k bonus points (and just cancel the Blue Sky Preferred).

Then if you apply for the PRG that you got the offer for, the points will go into the same Membership Rewards account, so after a year you can cancel the PRG if you wish, and you won't lose your points as long as you keep the no-annual-fee Everyday card open.

For more information about the no-annual-fee Everyday card, see this thread:
(In that thread two cards are discussed. The Everyday card, with no annual fee, and the Everyday Preferred card, with an annual fee. Since you want something without an annual fee that you can keep "forever", it's the Everyday card you want, not the Everyday Preferred card.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 4, 2016 at 7:56 pm
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:23 pm
mia

Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
Would Amex allow me to "product change" my existing card to their targetted 50K points offer?
1. Call American Express and ask if a product changes are available from this card, and the CSR will list the options. Please report back so that we can add to the Wikipost.

2. You will not be able to convert a credit card account (Blue Sky) to a charge card (Gold), and a product change will probably not qualify for a new account bonus.

Last edited by mia; Aug 13, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Just get the no annual fee Everyday card.
Thanks!

Last edited by mia; Aug 7, 2016 at 10:17 am Reason: Prune quotation.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:10 pm

I just called attempting to change my Gold Delta Skymiles, and was told that because it was a cobrand account, it could only be changed to other Delta products. What is the likelihood that there has been a policy change, and this information is accurate, vs. I just encountered a misinformed phone agent and should HUCA?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:22 pm
mia

Originally Posted by lrm72
...What is the likelihood that there has been a policy change...
Never accept the first refusal, but THIS post suggests a policy change. I would call again, but not on the weekend.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: GE
I am thinking of PC'ing my Blue Cash to the Everyday. Has anyone done this? What happens to my cashback balance, since I can only redeem in multiples of $25?

I don't spend enough on grocery to justify the preferred of either type, but I want to get MR points to top up my frequent flyer accounts. I don't want to open a new account right now either, but I don't want to jeopardize any future sign up bonus also.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
My oldest credit card is a "Blue from American Express" from 2006 (currently, all my AMEX cards are backdated to '06 because of this). Meanwhile, I'd like to cancel my AMEX Platinum and Business Gold Rewards cards to save on AFs, but this would leave me with just the Blue card, which is a Membership Rewards Express card. Because of this, I'd like to get an AMEX Everday card to keep my points available as full MR points, but I can't because I'm bumping up against AMEX's 4 credit card limit. I'm interested in converting this Blue card to the Everyday card, but my concern is that I'll lose this 10-year history (both on the backdating of my AMEX cards, as well as the date reported to the credit bureaus for this particular card). Does anyone have any advice as to whether I can complete this PC safely, or if I will lose this history? TIA!
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:09 pm
mia

It appears that the four credit card limit has been relaxed:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ard-limit.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.