USA card product conversions...

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 21, 19, 1:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: pseudoswede
Wiki Link
Amex Product Conversion Options
Call The Number On Back Of The Card

PERSONAL
CHARGE
Green, Gold, Platinum <--> Green, Gold, Platinum

CREDIT
Blue Cash Preferred <--> Blue Cash Everyday
Delta (G,P,R) --> Delta (G,P,R), Hilton (HHonors, Surpass), Starwood
Starwood <--> None (as of 7/3/2018)

BUSINESS/OPEN
CHARGE
Green, Gold, Platinum <--> Green, Gold, Platinum

CREDIT
Delta (G,P,R) --> Simply Cash
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 5, 14, 11:46 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum

Could i re apply after 12 months after I product changed?
Old Dec 22, 14, 4:36 pm

[Not sure if there's a thread / wiki covering this, already. I did a quick search, but didn't come across anything definitive. @mia, please close, or redirect as appropriate.]

Blue Cash converts into:
Blue Cash Everyday
Blue Cash Preferred
Mercedes-Benz Credit Card

Blue:
Everyday
Everyday Preferred

Blue Sky:
Blue Sky Preferred

Hilton HHonors:
Hilton HHonors Surpass
Gold Delta SkyMiles
[incomplete list]

[I plan to keep this top post updated as more people dump data into this thread...]
Old Dec 22, 14, 4:38 pm

This is recent data (from today) courtesy of a Chat representative, and of my attempts to convert my two Blue, one Blue cash, and one Blue Sky cards into something more useful. I'm over the limit of 4 total Amex credit cards, so I can't get anything new unless I close a total of 4 (across personal and biz), and with the age of these accounts, I don't want to do that.

Does anyone know what the Mercedes-Benz Credit Card can convert into? I can't find out unless I have one.

Also, does anyone know what can convert into the Hilton HHonors / Hilton HHonors Surpass card?

Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 14, 8:37 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by GrnLantern View Post
...with the age of these accounts, I don't want to do that....
All of your cards should have the same Member Since date, and any new account should also have that date. Closing a credit card to open one which is more useful should not change the reported age of the accounts.
Old Dec 22, 14, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by mia View Post
All of your cards should have the same Member Since date, and any new account should also have that date. Closing a credit card to open one which is more useful should not change the reported age of the accounts.
Oh yes, indeed! I completely forgot that new Amex's share the same benefit as old Amex's.

Hmm, that still leaves me with the predicament of bringing my total personal+biz credit cards down to 4 (from 7). It's difficult when you factor in the Biz cards.
Old Dec 29, 14, 6:53 pm

Friendly bump.

Any chance someone with a Mercedes-Benz Credit Card (not Plat) can check with customer service to confirm what it can convert into?

I'd appreciate it.
Old Dec 30, 14, 11:30 am

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
You can upgrade the affinity cards as well.

I've had the upgrade card button on my Blue and Delta cards for a while now. In fact, that how I upgraded from PRG to Plat charge years back.

Try and log in, look at all card products and you should see upgrade next to any you can do that with. While not specifically a product change it can help some with that.
Old Dec 30, 14, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
You can upgrade the affinity cards as well.

I've had the upgrade card button on my Blue and Delta cards for a while now. In fact, that how I upgraded from PRG to Plat charge years back.

Try and log in, look at all card products and you should see upgrade next to any you can do that with. While not specifically a product change it can help some with that.
Thanks. I'm not looking for details on upgrades, though, but more specifically product conversions (across product lines)... Such as Blue -> Everyday, or Hilton -> Delta.
Old Dec 30, 14, 7:24 pm

Well, I just confirmed the following PC's are possible:

Mercedes -> Blue's
EveryDay -> EveryDay Preferred
SPG -> Delta
Hilton -> Delta
SimplyCash Biz -> Blue Biz

So, it looks like SPG / Delta / Hilton are interchangeable, but nothing changes *into* them other than those three.
Old Dec 31, 14, 4:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Clear card can be converted to:

Nothing.
Old Jan 7, 15, 8:23 am

Programs: AA G, HH D, MR G, IHG P, Nat'l EE
Originally Posted by GrnLantern View Post
Well, I just confirmed the following PC's are possible:

Mercedes -> Blue's
EveryDay -> EveryDay Preferred
SPG -> Delta
Hilton -> Delta
SimplyCash Biz -> Blue Biz
I can also confirm that this is true. I've done a bit of switching between HHonors cards and DL cards, but know that SPG is also offered as an option as well (same product family). While I haven't done it, I was told that the Blue cards can be transitioned into one another. My SO successfully converted some blue card into an old Amex Blue.
Old Jan 7, 15, 12:39 pm

can SPG Biz convert to SimplyCash biz?
Old Jan 7, 15, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by yukon50 View Post
can SPG Biz convert to SimplyCash biz?
I don't believe so, but I don't (yet) have confirmation either way. It doesn't sound like it'd be the same product group...
Old Apr 4, 15, 7:27 pm

Some good information here. Am I correct in assuming that when you PC/convert a card to another card, there's no possible way to get the signup bonus for that new card type?
Old Apr 11, 15, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Converting Amex Plat to another MR card

Is it possible to convert an Amex Plat to another Amex that (a) participates in the MR program, (b) does not have an annual fee and (c) would not incur a hard pull?

From what I read on the various PC thread the answer would seem to be "no", but I thought I'd check...

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: