Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Are these gifts some kind of promotion for the opening day?
In the past it wasn't just opening day. They received X amount of gifts for each card and handed them out until they were gone. IIRC they last about a week or so.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: Amex Cent, United Global Services, Four Seasons By Invitation Only
Originally Posted by bizorbetter
In the past it wasn't just opening day. They received X amount of gifts for each card and handed them out until they were gone. IIRC they last about a week or so.
Centurion members get the umbrella and a Centurion Lounge branded USB charger...the tissue paper is blue for the bags for Centurion members and white for Plat. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by patekfan
...the tissue paper is blue for the bags for Centurion members and white for Plat...
I'm sorry, I don't understand. What's a "tissue paper for the bags"?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:23 pm

The thing inside the bag
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Visited last Friday and Sunday

Had a chance to visit just before the closing last Friday night. And got the umbrella as a welcome gift. Not much time for anything else.

Upon my return to YUL on AA last night, I reserved several hours to do lounge hopping in Terminal D. Finally, I stayed only at the Amex Centurion Lounge.

First of all, the location is great for those flying AA - thanks Amex!^

What I loved:
- wonderful and stylish design
- very helpful, courteous and professional staff (Manager on Duty Oscar, the Chef whose name I forgot, sorry, Sergei at the reception and his colleague whose name I forgot as well, sorry guys)
- great food and drink offers
- suitable opening hours

To be slightly improved:
- Increase the number of male washrooms; seem to be insufficient for the number of guests
- Why is there only one (1) shower? Wait times are long and the reception staff need to scramble to accomodate all.
- The bartenders need to pick up speed and be a little bit more proactive like those guys working the AA Club near Gate 30 (I remember one: David - hire him away and his other great colleagues).
- The Lounge got quite crowded and the reception staff worked with almost heroic effort to check all in with a smile. Bravo to them.
- The guest policy seems to be quite generous and the Lounge will get even more crowded when the word spreads around.

Overall: GREAT, thank you/merci!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:31 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Was there Sunday around 2230. Much more quieter. Just noticed a kids room which I overlooked on opening day.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:58 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Was there on Sunday...agent at front desk mentioned that over 900 guests had already registered by 7pm. She kindly/apologetically let me know that if it was hard to find seating in the food/bar area, I should try to find a seat by walking around the circular hallway.

Lots of people...staff was struggling to keep up at the bar and to replenish food at the buffet.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JY1024
Was there on Sunday...agent at front desk mentioned that over 900 guests had already registered by 7pm. She kindly/apologetically let me know that if it was hard to find seating in the food/bar area, I should try to find a seat by walking around the circular hallway.

Lots of people...staff was struggling to keep up at the bar and to replenish food at the buffet.
I wonder if the admirals club are less crowded now. I will be there on Monday and will check both lounges
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3MM; DL Gd; SPG PL, Marriott Slv, Hilton Gd
Visiting on a Tuesday at 11:30AM and it's packed! A recap:

Positives:
- Spa services - didn't try but nice to have
- 305 Drink - yummy!
- Nice views
- Candle amenity - replaced the aforementioned umbrella for Platinum cardholders

Negatives:
- packed! The unfriendly layout exacerbates the crowded feel
- fried chicken (again!). There's now two Centurion lounges offering fried chicken. Really???
- service - have had my dirty plates in front of me for 30 minutes and counting; apathetic bartender

I fear that it's going to be a madhouse during the Summer months!
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:56 pm

I feel like this happened when the SFO one opened as well-hopefully the novelty will wear off after a while and the lounge won't be so crowded anymore (thank goodness the SFO one is no longer a zoo)
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FocusGroupsMia
Negatives:
- packed! The unfriendly layout exacerbates the crowded feel
- fried chicken (again!). There's now two Centurion lounges offering fried chicken. Really???
- service - have had my dirty plates in front of me for 30 minutes and counting; apathetic bartender

I fear that it's going to be a madhouse during the Summer months!
The fried chicken actually rotates at three CLs now, LGA, SFO, and MIA. I don't really mind, so long as it is in fact constantly rotating.

The lounge will definitely be busy during AA's banks, hopefully during off bank times it will be a bit quieter. The service I feel should improve as the staff gets more comfortable with the lounge and how things run. I imagine they're all still getting the hang of things themselves. The biggest bottleneck that concerns me is the fact that there is only one shower. IMO there should be at a minimum 2-3, ideally 4 or more. The D30 Admirals Club has 6 and those are always in use throughout the day.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 2:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015]

Centurion Lounge crowded. No main entree. Some folks standing with drinks in hand. Hard to find a spot. Aadmirals club surprisingly empty.

Last edited by seawolf; Jun 11, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I visited this morning... long walk from the Delta (H) concourse. Not sure this is worth it when flying anyone else but American, but we'll see.

Breakfast was pretty good, and I'm definitely not a fan of Michelle Bernstein given how terrible her food was on Delta.

The lounge seems small to me.. sounds like that's going to be an issue. I can tell you no problem at 7AM on a Friday though!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by bworrell
I visited this morning... long walk from the Delta (H) concourse. Not sure this is worth it when flying anyone else but American, but we'll see.

Breakfast was pretty good, and I'm definitely not a fan of Michelle Bernstein given how terrible her food was on Delta.

The lounge seems small to me.. sounds like that's going to be an issue. I can tell you no problem at 7AM on a Friday though!
So TSA granted you access to the north terminal with a DL boarding pass?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: DL charter DM2MM, UA Silver, marriott lifetime titanium hilton lif diamond , national exec elite
Flying delta today out of H

Originally Posted by cmd320
So TSA granted you access to the north terminal with a DL boarding pass?
I am in the lounge now Flying DL out of H today and i was allowed to enter thru security at D... i was reminded that i will have to exit and reenter thru security at H as there is no conncetion between the two past security... on a side note, i tried when i arrived thru H on tuesday but was not allowed to pass thru security to access the lounge as i did not have a departing flight from MIA on that date... i had a similar situation in SFO last week and had similar success...
LAS✔DFW✔LGA✔SFO✔MIA✔ #FiveTimer

Last edited by whammerkid; Jun 18, 2015 at 8:14 am Reason: Grammar error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.