Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR now bookable online for Canada Amex Plat

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:06 pm

Yah, looks like AMEX updated my Plat # correctly, as now I can see FHR online at https://travel.americanexpress.ca for Las Vegas

All FHR results are displayed first, before other results
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX MR, Avios, Marriott, SPG, many more with negligible points
Maybe a little off topic, but why does everyone rave about FHR rates when they're still like $700 a night?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ibopm
...why does everyone rave about FHR rates...
I do not recall anyone raving about the rates, only about the benefits, and the free night promotional offers.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by ibopm
Maybe a little off topic, but why does everyone rave about FHR rates when they're still like $700 a night?
Originally Posted by mia
I do not recall anyone raving about the rates, only about the benefits, and the free night promotional offers.
Exactly, FHR rates I checked today are crazy and unreasonable ($500+/night)

Sample cities include Washington DC, Toronto, Seoul Korea, and even Las Vegas (more reasonable relatively, probably due to competition, cheapest is Bellagio at $180 CAD after tax + resort fee - $100 F&B credit)

We (RFD & FT'er) are totally not the crowd that AMEX target :P

I booked 1 night FHR rate at Fairmont Lake Louise in 2012 for $600+/night for a basic suite, but I got free upgrade to the best penthouse suite in the hotel @ $2000+/night plus free breakfast and dinner.
Did I feel like a King and privileged? you bet.
Would I really spend $600/night on a hotel again? doubtful.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX MR, Avios, Marriott, SPG, many more with negligible points
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Would I really spend $600/night on a hotel again? doubtful.
I'm really tempted to splurge (after all, I paid for the Plat), but it's against every fiber of my (frugal) being. Especially when I can get FREE nights at an above average (but not exuberant) hotel just across the street.

I don't think FHR has much value for frugal individuals like me. Although, I suppose it would be great for something like a honeymoon or anniversary.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Well, this year it looks like FHR are not bookable on line anymore
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Well, this year it looks like FHR are not bookable on line anymore
Really? I saw FHR hotels (for Toronto or Seoul) just yesterday online
Didn't try to book though
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Couple of week ago I tried booking an FHR stay online, it showed up fine, but when I entered all info and clicked book, it gave me an error message. I called PTS and they told me FHR has to be booked by phone only in Canada.
Old May 11, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by echino
Couple of week ago I tried booking an FHR stay online, it showed up fine, but when I entered all info and clicked book, it gave me an error message. I called PTS and they told me FHR has to be booked by phone only in Canada.
FHR is bookable on the Canadian site, the agent gave you wrong info. You have to make sure you're logged in - I've just checked for Phoenix and loads of options 😄
Old May 11, 2015, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Platform9and3quarters
FHR is bookable on the Canadian site, the agent gave you wrong info. You have to make sure you're logged in - I've just checked for Phoenix and loads of options 😄
Yes, I was logged in, saw all the FHR options properly displayed, entered all my booking info and clicked book, and then got an error message. I tried a couple of times from different computers, same error. Ended up booking by phone.

Another question: are the 3rd/4th night free offers available to Canadian Platinum cardholders?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC, BA
Free night promotions?

Does Canadian Amex Plat have access to the same FHR 3rd/4th night promotions as the US? I was browsing the Canadian FHR site and cannot find any special offers. Do you need to call in and specifically ask for these?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by allstar_yvr
Does Canadian Amex Plat have access to the same FHR 3rd/4th night promotions as the US? I was browsing the Canadian FHR site and cannot find any special offers. Do you need to call in and specifically ask for these?
I'd think you should
Call AMEX Travel Service to ask is the quickest/easiest way
Old Oct 30, 2015, 5:18 pm

Canada FHR Access

I have a Canadian Amex Plat card and I used to be able to check the FHR hotels directly from the portal on the amex website, but I don't see the FHR hotels anymore. Is there another way to check prices and perks without actually having to call in? Thanks!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:27 am

Fine Hotels and Resorts Program

As a us platinum member, when you log into the fine hotels and resorts web portal, do you see only the prices for the program or do they also show discount prices at the same properties without the fine hotel and resort benefits. A colleague recently booked a well known fine hotel and resort program through the Canadian platinum site and selected a rate and booked. She subsequently received an email from a third party and when Amex travel was contacted, they indicated they only certain rates at the same hotel are eligible. I found this very odd as I assumed a fine hotel and resort partnership would apply to any booking at that property through Amex travel.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dts9
...assumed a fine hotel and resort partnership would apply to any booking at that property through Amex travel.
FHR benefits require payment of the contracted rate and must be booked booked through Platinum Travel Service. "American Express Travel" is a different business. In the USA it is outsourced to Orbitz.

In the USA there is a separate FHR booking site:

https://www.americanexpressfhr.com

General booking here:

https://travel.americanexpress.com/home

In Canada there is an integrated site, but I do not know the details of how the rates are displayed.

Last edited by mia; Feb 14, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.