Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:35 am
Original Poster

FHR now bookable online for Canada Amex Plat

Go to travel.americanexpress.ca

Search for hotels.

Voila!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Very nice! Calling in was getting very annoying as you would have to try and go through every option to compare rates.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:16 am

Seeing some difference in rates from what I booked with an agent as opposed to what I see online. Rates online seems to be more expensive, but unsure what's behind the price difference.

Definitely handy to have the ability to book online, however.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:32 pm

Finally, but I assume one needs to login with Platinum online account to see FHR rates?
or is the rate/perks displayed to ALL (I don't see clear FHR indication without logging in), but only bookable by Platinum cardholders?

Direct link, clickable
https://travel.americanexpress.ca/travel/arc.cfm?tab=h
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
So happy they finally added this!

I logged into my Amex account first, and then tried a hotel search - the FHR hotels pop up on the top of my search results and are clearly marked. A quick peek at Expedia definitely shows some of the FHR rates are more expensive, though this is obviously offset by the $100 credit and FHR perks.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Just logged in and cannot tell which hotels are FHR properties?

How do you tell
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Good news ! Thanks OP !
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by drwilliams
Just logged in and cannot tell which hotels are FHR properties?

How do you tell
You will see "Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts" beside the name of the property. If you don't see the tag then the property isn't an Amex FHR property.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:37 pm

It's about time. However, what I am not seeing are the third/forth night free offers like on the American site. Also, it appears that it needs to be paid in advance, just like the regular Amex travel bookings.

Am I reading this right?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:47 pm

this is great news, i look for fhr rates all the time, this is a long time coming. it seemed like such a simple thing to do, but we have been deprived for so long.

i don't think this has anything to do with the USA FHR site, as the whole site is different.

i like the special offers on the usa website, there is good value in booking those offers,

has any cdn platinum booked these offers through PTS? it specifically states that they are valid for US plat card members only.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by choupeo
You will see "Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts" beside the name of the property. If you don't see the tag then the property isn't an Amex FHR property.
Not to be too dense, but it is not there. Site looks like any other booking engine, no mention of FHR.

Can you name an FHR hotel that I could check? I looked in Las Vegas, not a single FHR hotel in the city?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by drwilliams

Can you name an FHR hotel that I could check? I looked in Las Vegas, not a single FHR hotel in the city?
Hmm maybe try Chicago? There should be 6 FHR hotels that pop up at the top of the search results (Trump Hotel, Ritz, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, etc).

Also, I logged into my Amex account first, and then clicked through on the header bar to the travel website. I think the first time I went to the travel site first and then logged in, it didn't return the FHR results. Hopefully that works for you!
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by lily23
Hmm maybe try Chicago? There should be 6 FHR hotels that pop up at the top of the search results (Trump Hotel, Ritz, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, etc).

Also, I logged into my Amex account first, and then clicked through on the header bar to the travel website. I think the first time I went to the travel site first and then logged in, it didn't return the FHR results. Hopefully that works for you!
Thanks, still not appearing. Sent an email to ask.

My luck with Amex IT is normally like this.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:43 pm

drwilliams said, "Not to be too dense, but it is not there. Site looks like any other booking engine, no mention of FHR."

Log into your online AMEX credit card account and link to the "TRAVEL" tab at the top of the page.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by flyme2
drwilliams said, "Not to be too dense, but it is not there. Site looks like any other booking engine, no mention of FHR."

Log into your online AMEX credit card account and link to the "TRAVEL" tab at the top of the page.
Thanks, tried that too, still no luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.