Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to MR points... advice needed [SkyMiles].

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
New to MR points... advice needed [SkyMiles].

Hello,

I am a DL PM and I just signed up for and received the 50k MR bonus for 5k spending.

My ultimate goal is to maximize the number of skymiles I have for 2 J seats to the South Pacific. I am planning on traveling in Feb 2015, so I obviously need to book around March 2014. I will have the 300k by then (including transferring the MR points to my skymiles account).

Here's my questions:
1) are there ever DL transfer bonuses like the current one for HA?
2) is there any benefit to transferring the points to skymiles now, or should I wait closer in time?
3) anything else that seems glaringly obvious for a MR newbie to know?

Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
The one rule I live by with MR:

Do not transfer points without a bonus unless I need them immediately.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 7:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
1) are there ever DL transfer bonuses like the current one for HA?
2) is there any benefit to transferring the points to skymiles now, or should I wait closer in time?
Ever is a long time. There were frequent SkyMiles transfer bonuses in 2011 and before, but none in 2012 or the first half of 2013. It appears American Express and Delta have decided not to let Membership Rewards undercut the SkyMiles co-branded credit cards.

Transfers from Membership Rewards (USA) to SkyMiles are instantaneous. There is no need to transfer until you are booking the reward flights.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
There is an offer out for the Delta Platinum Business card which offers 55,000 miles after $5k spend in 3 months. This can help boost your skymiles balance as well.

https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...y/44346-248-0/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.