Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No personal income but high household income [UK]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Dovster
How, then, is the credit card issuer protected if the couple splits up? If the pair is married, both partners are liable for the debt. If they are not married, each is liable only for the debts he/she incurs and, in this case, if the partner has no income, she would have no way to pay off her charges.
My understanding is that in the UK a husband/wife is not liable for the debts of his/her spouse unless the debt was taken out in joint names or the spouse guaranteed the debt.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 2:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Maybe the better question to OP is to ask whether he's prepared to guarantee the partner's debt. That gets out of the entire issue of households.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Amex UK applications and household income

Hi,

I cohabit with my partner but we don't have joint finances.

When it comes to declaring the household income in the application form for a new card, what should we declare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.