Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold Rewards 75k (Expired) 10k/4 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold Rewards 75k (Expired) 10k/4 months

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: WN CP; AMEX MR, US, DL
Does anyone think that using this card to make a single $10K+ federal income tax payment would create a problem?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:03 am

Just to verify, where it asks for EIN, one should put their SSN if they are a sole proprietor with no EIN? On Chase apps, they say to use your SSN but this box has the two digit box followed by one for 7 digits. SSNs don't follow that format.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
thanks for the great offer. debating because of $10k spending.

have about $10k to meet in the next 2 months already......
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jpripcord
All of the online links i found kept erroring out when I tried signing up, so I called and did that application over the phone.

The woman who read me the terms and conditions made an explicit statement about not purchasing "reloadable" cards.

Seems like they are catching onto the whole vanilla deal, and explicitly prohibiting it.

Anyone else notice that specific language?
I can't even buy reloadable VR cards here but I assume it's ok for gift cards?

I had the same issue applying online yesterday. It kept giving an error when I tried to submit the app and said to call. I will try again today and just call in if anything. Even the option that says are you a current cardmember gives the same message. I have a feeling this will require calling them again when I get the card to link my accounts together.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jpripcord
The woman who read me the terms and conditions made an explicit statement about not purchasing "reloadable" cards.
Yes, this is in the terms displayed as part of the application:

Eligible purchases are purchases of goods and services minus returns and other credits, and do not include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of reloadable pre-paid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by terpfan101
Just to verify, where it asks for EIN, one should put their SSN if they are a sole proprietor with no EIN? On Chase apps, they say to use your SSN but this box has the two digit box followed by one for 7 digits. SSNs don't follow that format.
Short answer - yes.

Both EIN and SSN are 9 digits so you would put your social in - first 2 digits followed by the other 7 digits.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Yes, this is in the terms displayed as part of the application:
I don't know how they would know if you purchased gift cards, let alone prepaid cards. I guess if you used Bluebird exclusively they'd catch on. Anyone have issues using AMEX biz cards to buy prepaid Visa gift cards to meet minimum spend?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Has anyone gotten approval via the website? Been trying multiple times without success. Kept telling me there's some issue and to call to apply. Made the call today and was instantly approved. Gave the rep all my details. Probably took around 10 minutes.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:55 pm

did you have a tax id? i was approved online within seconds.

Originally Posted by gk17
Has anyone gotten approval via the website? Been trying multiple times without success. Kept telling me there's some issue and to call to apply. Made the call today and was instantly approved. Gave the rep all my details. Probably took around 10 minutes.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:53 pm

FYI: like some others have reported, I'm getting "systems not responding". I can get the app up, but when I try to fill anything out, I get an error. I'll try again tomorrow and if it doesn't work, I guess I'll just call and apply over the phone. For anyone who has done that, did you give them the offer details and/ or ID before applying? Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by terpfan101
Anyone have issues using AMEX biz cards to buy prepaid Visa gift cards to meet minimum spend?
No problem.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:45 pm
Used to be highman123

I did two applications today (for 2 real businesses) -both were instantly approved. Now on to $20k spend in 3 months!
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by highman123
I did two applications today (for 2 real businesses) -both were instantly approved. Now on to $20k spend in 3 months!
Four months!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:50 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Eligible purchases are purchases of goods and services minus returns and other credits, and do not include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of reloadable pre-paid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents.

Out of curiousity I checked the current T+C of the SPG Business card AND the SPG Personal card. The EXACT phrasing is used.

I did not check other AMEX cards, but most likely this is now a standard AMEX T+C - the question is - will this be enforced?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Tried to apply last night at midnight and system down.
Tried again at 10:55 am today and system down.

Anyone else having those same issues? Don't think it is browser related.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.