Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Gold Rewards 75k (Expired) 10k/4 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold Rewards 75k (Expired) 10k/4 months

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by flyfarfar
That YOU POSTED IS AN AFFILIATE link.

Could at least disclose that to people and mention who's it is.
Its not affiliate link..

Affiliate link would have &AFFID=k568888 at the end
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by hababa
I have two businesses. They both have the same name but they're registered in two different states and have two different EIN #'s.

I already have a Platinum Amex Biz card for one -if I apply for this offer using my other business EIN would it be approved?

Thanks in advance!
Now that's an interesting question that I'd like the answer to as well. You can get any number of EIN's it appears...
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mia
You would have at least 85,000 points because the $10,000 spend would generate a minimum of one point per dollar.

SQ award chart here:

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...wardCharts.pdf

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/pp...eemMiles_SQMI/
DO points transfer 1:1?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:09 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Hi Bored,

The parameters at the end appear to be unique to each affiliate.

Doesn't really matter though, does it?

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Its not affiliate link..

Affiliate link would have &AFFID=k568888 at the end

Last edited by The Weekly Flyer; Jan 22, 2013 at 7:15 pm
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:28 pm

All of the online links i found kept erroring out when I tried signing up, so I called and did that application over the phone.

The woman who read me the terms and conditions made an explicit statement about not purchasing "reloadable" cards.

Seems like they are catching onto the whole vanilla deal, and explicitly prohibiting it.

Anyone else notice that specific language?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
I did not know it was an affiliate link (it was shared with me by a SD'er who PM'd me the deal.) It was later posted on SD as well with the same link.

I apologize for the error if it was indeed an affiliate and I will try to be more careful next time I post a deal.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Hi Bored,

The parameters at the end appear to be unique to each affiliate.

I don't think so. As long as it has 44278-286-0, thats the card you are applying for. Everything else is internal variable passed to vendor to track incoming clicks.
This stuff ...
?PID=14&BUID=SBS&PSKU=BGR&CRTV=BGR75K&VEID=1561779 108&AFFID=k547595
Im guessing publisher ID=14 and sku=bgr and bonus=75K and vendor ID =156.... and affiliate ID = k547...
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
DO points transfer 1:1?
Yes they do
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:46 pm

Some of you mentioned that Business Gold can be a FR trigger. Does this apply to all Amex business cards, or just this card? I might apply for SPG personal and business together some time this year.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by kevinwangjk
Some of you mentioned that Business Gold can be a FR trigger. Does this apply to all Amex business cards, or just this card? I might apply for SPG personal and business together some time this year.
You are subject to an FR for any AMEX business card, including SPG. If you want to keep the account (and points) you just need to be honest in your application. Once u establish a spending pattern and you find the need to deviate, give them a call. Say you are going to have some unusual spends for a period of time but changes in your business model have necessitated these changes You might even ask for a temporary credit increase to meet your new spending needs

Now, if you get hit, you are ready
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator observation

That YOU POSTED IS AN AFFILIATE link.
Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
Its not affiliate link..
Originally Posted by mariobey
I did not know it was an affiliate link
It's not an affiliate link. We routinely check, and if it were it would have been edited because Flyertalk's rules prohibit commercial posts. However, if any member thinks that we have overlooked one the only correct course is to click the triangular Alert icon in the lower left corner of the post and report it. Please don't take the thread off topic by "calling out" the poster.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:08 am

Seems like a lot of people are getting scared off bc someone mentioned a FR. I guess that's always possible, but I picked up this card last year w the same terms (75k / $10k spend), quickly spent the $10k and had no problems. We'll be picking this up for my partner today. Cheers
Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:45 am

I've had an canceled a Gold Delta Skymiles Business Amex within the last 12 months. But I haven't had a Business Gold Rewards card in that time. I was approved for the card but can't tell if I'll be eligible for the 75K bonus or not. Anyone definitively know?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by strictlyred
... Gold Delta Skymiles Business Amex
Welcome to Flyertalk. Holding a SkyMiles card does not disqualify you from earning a Membership Rewards bonus.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk. Holding a SkyMiles card does not disqualify you from earning a Membership Rewards bonus.
Thanks! I'm glad to be here. Have been collecting rewards for a few years by churning cards based on the limits I can meet through normal spending. But am now getting into other methods (Wells Fargo, Vanilla Reload). Am very appreciative of tips and info from the experts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.