Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Delta vs.Starwood: Does Starwood offer decent promos?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2003, 7:20 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

I have both a Starwood and Delta Amex. I got the Starwood because of everything I read on this site and planned to phase out the Delta. My concern is that the Delta Amex offers several decent 2X promos a year for Skymiles which I use or can use....I am new to the Starwood.... do they offer similar promos for their points?
Old Oct 3, 2003, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I have had the Starwood card for several years and in that time they have never offered a general 2x or 3x promotion similar to those offered by the DL card nor do they offer double points on gas, drug stores, etc. However, I believe there have been some targeted bonus promotions, especially for those who have not used the card very much. If you do a search on the Starwood forum, I think you will find a thread on one of these targeted promos within the past 6 months.

[This message has been edited by JerryFF (edited 10-03-2003).]
Old Oct 4, 2003, 5:51 pm
Suspended

One of the best promo running currently is 5000 starpoints for spending $1000 at Starwood hotels (before the end of Oct, I believe) thats 6:1.
mike
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by david4455:
My concern is that the Delta Amex offers several decent 2X promos a year ?</font>
looks like we only get one double mile promo this year for the delta card.. last year there were 3.. and one was triple mile promo..

------------------
_ __________________ _
AirmileOffers.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.