Wiki Posts
Search

How can you exchange Amex points?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2003, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Location: BKK, formerly Irvine, CA, UA 1-k-MM, Hilton-gold, Gold Starwood
How can you exchange Amex points?

I have a person who wants some of my amex points on a trade. How do I give them or transfer them to her account?
Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2003, 4:10 pm

You don't.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
There must be a way, there always is. You don't, may mean you didn't, but you can.

Well I am hoping, that we can find away to transfer points from one account to another. If not points maybe buy the hotel room or the item they want. Transfer my points into their air miles program or hotel program.
I believe there must be a way somewhere out there. If someone knows that way, I'd be appreciative.
Thanks to all.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 11:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> There must be a way, there always is. You don't, may mean you didn't, but you can.</font>
Not in this case.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Just say for example: You wanted a 2 day stay at a sheraton resort. I book the resort for you using my points but put you down as a friend, relative whatever as the tenant for the 2 days. This might be a gift of appreaciation, reward or kindness.
Wouldn't that work.
I only need 1 upgrade, you still have 9,999 left. Just kidding.
But seriously, I know you've made almost 4000 post. If you're answers still the same. IMPOSSIBLE, I'll believe you.
Regards and thanks
Robert
Old Sep 29, 2003, 4:55 pm

If you add the other person as an additional card holder, you can then transfer your points to their frequent flyer program. Usually, there is usually a cost involved for addtional cards. However, on my Green Reward statement last month, it did said that you can add another person for free the first year.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 6:19 pm

You asked whether MR points can be transferred to another MR account. The answer is no. Period.

If you want to know how to get MR points into another's frequent flyer account, do a search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.