Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus for *wood amex first use?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2003, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Bonus for *wood amex first use?

I seem to recall reading somewhere about a 4000 point bonus on the first use of *wood amex. The amex customer service person I spoke to denies that there is any such deal and I cannot find this on the net but I do remember reading it somewhere.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
There are usually different promotions on signing up for the *Wood Amex card. Mine was 10,000 points but I recall recently seeing a link on the SPG website for a 6000 point bonus
Old Sep 23, 2003, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by neo_781:
There are usually different promotions on signing up for the *Wood Amex card. Mine was 10,000 points but I recall recently seeing a link on the SPG website for a 6000 point bonus</font>
Sorry, I guess I was not clear. What I am looking for is a signup bonus like the Citi AAdvantage card has 10000 miles. The current 'up to 6000 miles' on Amex SPG card is for stays in a starwood hotel. Did you get the 10000 points for signing for the card or stays at Starwood.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
When I signed up for the Starwood Amex in February, there was a 10,000 point bonus but it breaks down as a 5,000 first card use bonus, 2,000 first stay, and 1,000 per next 3 stays. I haven't seen any Starwood Amex sign up bonuses that don't involve some stays to get the full bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.