Wiki Posts
Search

1250 MR points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2003, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP 2.8 MM,UA-GS 1.3 MM,DL-PL,HH-DM,LH-SEN,Bonvoy-GL
1250 MR points

Just got this in the mail if you sign up for "sign and travel" we will award you 1250 MR points just for signing up, you will not be charged any finance charges as long as you pay your bill in full it also states that it is a targeted promotion but I thought maybe someone would want to give it a try because with amex it can say one thing on a letter but they mean the other so it is always worth a try

[This message has been edited by lakid (edited 07-23-2003).]
Old Sep 20, 2003, 3:00 pm

Do you have the Promotion code or bonus ID for this offer?

Thanks a lot.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I tried this once a couple of years ago when they made me a similar offer. Unfortunately they automatically put certain charges onto the S&T account and this caused problems when we accidentally paid the "amount due" one month instead of the full amount due to pay everything off. Since S&T is listed seperately on the bill this was quite easy to do. They eventually fixed it but it was not worth the 1000 or so points we got for signing up.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The same happened to me. All kinds of charges end up in S&T, including my husband's commuter rail ticket to NYC via NJ Transit.

It was a pain to make sure I paid the full amount each month, so I got rid of S&T ~ I never used it anyway.

Mary
Old Sep 22, 2003, 11:41 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Similar experience here. Not only a pain but when I did pay the amount in full sometimes they did not apply it to S&T and insisted that it was a separate accout - but there is no way for you to direct your payment to that rather than the normal account. After several phone calls over months and several reversals of finance charges I cancelled S&T.
Old Sep 23, 2003, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Ditto what everyone else has expressed. Having sign and travel on my account turned out to be a gigantic headache and not worth the 1250 points!
Old Sep 23, 2003, 7:47 pm

Somewhat agree with what is said here, but would definitely sign up to get the points. I received the same offer a couple of years ago, and after being unable to figure out my bill, called and complained. The next day my online statement made sense and the next paper statement did too.

The point in replying to this topic is that I think AMEX tries to confuse you on your statement in order to get you to pay interest. They are able to correct this situation if you call up and ask them to indicate the total amount owed.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 3:01 pm

So, anybody knows the Promotion code?

Thank you very much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.