Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex UK in decline

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2003, 1:26 am

Location: I have embarrasingly little status but my wife thinks I am great
Interestingly they are advertising the Platinum Card Concierge Service on UK tv at the moment.

This is part of a string of Amex adverts in various media focusing on the theme of Amex helping you to realise your dreams.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 1:54 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kovich:
Interestingly they are advertising the Platinum Card Concierge Service on UK tv at the moment.</font>
How do they advertise it? "... Ask us to do anything for you as long as it only involves booking a restaurant table..." lol

Old Sep 15, 2003, 2:52 am
dnw

Re: transaction fees vs sales, I have often had someone say 'dont you have another credit card?' in a small store (especially on things like discounted electronics that are eating into the margin already)... hence the 'costs me more money' and when I've pushed to take AMEX, you get the '........' look as they know perfectly well you have a VISA or Mastercard in your wallet...

Hence my love of TonySymons quote!
Old Sep 15, 2003, 3:04 am

Location: I have embarrasingly little status but my wife thinks I am great
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by virtualtroy:
How do they advertise it? "... Ask us to do anything for you as long as it only involves booking a restaurant table..." lol

</font>

The scene is a Japanese business man stuck in the middle of nowwhere in the US making a call from a public phone box to ask the concierge to buy an expensive piece of jewellery and have it delivered to, presumably, his wife.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 12:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kovich:

The scene is a Japanese business man stuck in the middle of nowwhere in the US making a call from a public phone box to ask the concierge to buy an expensive piece of jewellery and have it delivered to, presumably, his wife.
</font>
A very good ad indeed as it sets expectations of plat users suitably high

To be fair, for booking the odd evening out or a Japanese mobile phone, the plat concierge has been fine. I haven't yet found anything more taxing for them.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Having taken out a BA AmEx card in the last month I am surprised at the number of outlets that accept it. I think AmEx in terms of accpeted outlets is getting better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.