Search

AmEx Membership Rewards -> Lufthansa Miles & More

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2003, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AmEx Platinum, BA Gold, TAP Gold, Sixt Platinum
AmEx Membership Rewards -> Lufthansa Miles & More

Hello everyone,

is there a reasonable way to transfer Membership Rewards Points into the LH Miles & More Program?

Thank you,
Stefan
Old Sep 14, 2003, 9:08 am

Only via Starwood.
I think MR converts to Starwood at 2:1. The starwood to LH is 1:1.25 (in transfers of 20k or more).

So (if these numbers are correct), for 40k MR points you'll end up 25k LH miles.

Is that reasonable? Your call...
Old Sep 15, 2003, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
If you have to move them to LH, you can only work it through the Starwood alternative. If you are willing to move them to another Star Alliance partner to redeem them on LH, you can do either of the following:

1. Move AMEX MR points to either Mexicana or ANA directly since both are in the Star Alliance and part of the AMEX program. You can them redeem points on LH!

2. Wait till October 26, 2003 and move the points to USAirways directly through the AMEX program. USAirways will be part of the Star Alliance on that date and you can then also redeem US points on LH.

3. Move AMEX MR points to CO, then CO to Amtrak and then Amtrak to UA. This way you are moving among several programs but I am not sure what you are trying to achieve so I listed this alternative as well.

Good Luck!

Old Sep 15, 2003, 6:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Sorry, messed up part of my reply above. You will not be able to redeem US points on LH until 2004. You will be able to earn M&M points in October but not redeem US points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.