Wiki Posts
Search

Aussie Platinum Card get Starwood PLATINUM

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2003, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Aussie Platinum Card get Starwood PLATINUM

I just got my Platinum card statment and to my joy the following appears:

As a Platinum Cardmember, you are now entitled to complimentary membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest program with Platinum Preferred status. This includes full, unrestricted access to all the benefits, services and privileges offered under the program & is usually only offered to guests staying more than 20 times in a given year. This includes Sheraton, The Westin & St Regis.

Old Jan 30, 2003, 5:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta
Hmm, I wonder what the source code is
Old Jan 31, 2003, 6:11 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
That would be great for you and maybe a bit unfair towards other Plat members. What is the annual fee in Oz and is there a Centurion card at all ?
I mean an Oz Cent. card and not the International Dollar Centurion Card!
Old Jan 31, 2003, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Our Platinum card is the highest level in Oz and costs AUD$900 per year. They are starting to increase the membership of platinum with the view of introducing the Cent. this year when numbers of Platinum improve.
Old Feb 1, 2003, 3:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flamboyant 1:
That would be great for you and maybe a bit unfair towards other Plat members (...)</font>
Amex card benefits are set up locally for each market, Plat cards can't be compared in all cases.

In some markets (like Australia, France, Italy, etc.), the Plat card is still the "premium" product and get the most benefits.

Some small markets don't have Plat cards (Austria !).

Starwood Plat for Amex Platinum cardholders in Australia could mean that Amex is adjusting the benefit level of the card to "premium" and will not offer the Centurion card in the next years...
Old Feb 1, 2003, 9:15 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
yes, I thought about the same with the local markets!
Old Feb 5, 2003, 3:55 am
PN

Location: Australia - PPS Sol; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Plat; Amex Plat.
Hi guys,

I am a new member here

Australia's requirement to obtain a Platinum card is to spend a mininum of $2500 a month for a whole year and ring up to get it approved in 2 days. I assume what OzFlyer said is correct, they are starting to give away Platinums like candies now.

I have also enquired about the Centurion Card, no news of the Black Card coming here as of today. I guess Oz and me will have to be patient then

PN
Old Feb 5, 2003, 6:36 am

Welcome PN!
Old Feb 5, 2003, 9:39 am
PN

Thanks flamboyant 1

Looking forward to chat with you all in the near future!

PN
Old Feb 8, 2003, 12:46 pm
PN

OzFlyer,

I received my statement and nothing says about complimentary Starwood Platinum membership. Did you request this or should I just ring up and request to be enrolled ?

Thanks,

PN
Old Feb 11, 2003, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Just ring up and press option 1 for travel - it was in rather small print on my statement.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 6:16 am
PN

Hi Oz,

Did they happen to say they will send you an application form for the Starwood or they will automaticly send you out the card ?

Thanks mate

PN
Old Feb 14, 2003, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

They offered to upgrade my current membership or sign me up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.