Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

2500 membership rewards points for looking at the Bose Videowave II entertainment sys

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2500 membership rewards points for looking at the Bose Videowave II entertainment sys

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I did the demo yesterday at the Soho store and they took my e-mail and membership rewards # only. Had to look up that number on my phone at the store, not something I've committed to memory. They said the points would post automatically but perhaps it will be e-mailed as a cert instead?
I might need to follow up with a call on July 31st, just in case.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Not sure if they do the demo in Bose Factory Store?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
Sounds like a good deal But... my PRG annual fee is coming up and I'm not sure if there's time for MRs to post and get transferred

Hopefully the Bose people aren't too high-pressure. This thing is 6k - no wonder they can offer 20k MRs for someone to buy it!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:16 pm

Now the store in Reading MA does have the promotion, but the one down the street in Burlington MA still says it does not. After the promo, they enter your name, address, phone, and email into their system. Presumably you will receive a redemption code in the email.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:45 pm

"Umm, yeah, nice overpriced TV - can I have my points now?"
Old Jul 28, 2012, 6:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by UserMark
After the promo, they enter your name, address, phone, and email into their system. Presumably you will receive a redemption code in the email.
It's a similar situation in San Diego. Only store GM seemed aware of promo.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:36 pm

I tried to check this out today. Nobody at the store had any idea what I was talking about. In fact, they said someone else came in with a printout from "some website" and they weren't sure it was legitimate. Sounds like a printout of this thread has made its way out!

They took my name and number and said someone would call me. We''ll see.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Just went to the Bose store in Tysons Corner here in VA. The reps all knew what I was talking about and quickly did the demonstration. At the end the guy said, "Ok lets get you those points." He then had me fill out a paper with my contact information and said as soon as he's able to log onto the computer, he'll get the points sent to me.

If I dont get anything in my e-mail within a week I'll give em a call or head back and see whats up.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Local store in L.A. didn't know what I was talking about :/
Old Jul 29, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
I called Indy store and they knew exactly how I can earn MR points. So looks like it will be in all stores very soon, if not already.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 1:25 pm

I called and spoke to Bose customer service. They claimed I will receive points automatically, no certificate needed. Just to be safe, I asked them to notate my account.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 2:20 pm
Community Director Emerita

Store took our email addresses and have submitted them. They say that is sufficient to receive the points. Would whoever receives them first please post?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Watched the demo today at the Bose store at the Time Warner Center in NYC. Clerk took my name and email address. He did not want my Membership Rewards number which I brought to the store. Let's hope it posts.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
Same, no MR number needed. The system was pretty cool (but pretty expensive!) Apparently, the demo/promo was supposed to be for NYC only, but they decided to honor it in other stores if the customer mentions it.

They will send your name and address to Amex to verify. Not sure how long it'd take for the MRs to post or for you to get the code via email.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 6:17 am

Spoke to a rep at corporate. Who stated the store just needs your name an email. You will be getting a certficate sent to that email address to redeem at amex.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.