Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recent Plat 20k referral bonus: anyone receive it?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aegean Gold
Recent Plat 20k referral bonus: anyone receive it?

I referred a few people to Amex Plat back in March when they offered special a 20k referral bonus. It has been over two months since they signed up and still no bonus has posted. Has anyone had their 20k referral bonuses deposited?
Old May 27, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
I did the same thing, but I'm yet to receive my bonus points as well. I haven't called them yet to ask about it.
Old May 27, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I did receive the bonus for referring Mrs. Redtop. There was a website glitch and I couldn't get the 20K referral link, but I confirmed it with them in SM's and they gave me that bonus quite quickly.

Now getting her 50K bonus was another story!!!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Following up with this, has anyone had any luck? Amex is giving me the runaround and told me I have to write to a Membership Rewards PO Box to file a final complaint.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 6:22 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Yes, but was denied after my first request so I called again and they said they'd reopen the "inquiry". Surprisingly 20,000 points showed up in my account a few days after my 2nd call. The bonus said something similar to "20k platinum referral".

I've always had good customer service, but I do spend in the low 7 figures each year. I have no idea if that plays into them just giving me the 20k to make me happy.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:40 pm

I did receive the 20K in a timely manner after referring my sister and BIL.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BossB
Following up with this, has anyone had any luck? Amex is giving me the runaround and told me I have to write to a Membership Rewards PO Box to file a final complaint.
Are you sure the people you referred signed up, were accepted, and received their cards?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 2:01 pm

I am in the same boat. Referred my friend who was approved and accepted the card. No bonus has posted yet. Just sent a secure message requesting an update.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

I'm sure they used the link and were approved. I'm also experiencing difficulties referring the Starwood Biz card. American Express' referall software seems to be about as sophisticated as Delta's award engine.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: All of them
I referred several people using the 20k offer back in March. I then had 10k referral bonus points in my account within a few days of their approval. I spoke with a CSR and offered to send in screenshots showing the 20k bonus was offered. She didn't ask me to send in screenshots, but said she would "escalate" the case and that I should hear from them in about 7 days. I never did. Called back after 7 days and spoke to another CSR. He told me that I should have heard back already, and that he would see that the process was handled. Within a day or two I received an additional 10k for each approved referral.

It was relatively painless as the CSRs both seemed concerned and wanted to help. I just wish it was a better automated process that didn't require fight for it.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:42 am

I referred a friend and my referral bonus was posted to my account within 24 hours of his card being approved.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:37 pm

They just credited the 20k to me. Woohoo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.