Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum Card / Hertz #1 Club Gold

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
You get Hertz 5* with Amex Plat FWIW - not sure how you activate this though (I've already got it). You also get a 4h grace period in many countries when booking using Amex CDP - best to include the extra 4h at the time of booking, you'll see the same price for 24-28 hour bookings if you try it out. In the UK you also get free car rental cover, although I think in the US this costs extra.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
Amex Platinum Card / Hertz #1 Club Gold

I rent from Hertz all the time with AMEX rates. Always rent full size. Whether I have been just #1 Gold, 5* or Prez Circle, I have never seen any difference in upgrade pattern. As Prez Circle now, car is usually in specially assigned space and generally a premium category car or a very low mileage nearly new full size car. About twice a year I receive a luxury upgrade.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:41 am

I have a booking with Amex CDP code, but when I try to view/modify/cancel a reservation I get the following:

Discount (CDP) Number - The corporate agreement with this CDP requires you use the Negotiated Rate. Please modify your request to include the Negotiate Rate or remove the discount. [DE147]

Any ideas?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 5:31 am

Which code are you trying? I believe both 633306 and 211762 should work, might be worth trying the other one?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 8:30 am

Does Avis match their status to National as well?

Edit: Avis does not match, but you can get Avis First if you have a World Elite MasterCard (which is easy).

https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/cons.../tab-content-4

Originally Posted by Universal
You get Executive status with National, and Hertz will match that status to their equivalent status.

You have to enroll in National's program and then have AMEX contact them to have them grant you Executive status. Once that has been done, follow this link to have Hertz match it:

http://offer.hertz.com/offers/index....tatusMatch.jsp

Last edited by kqxqx; Sep 10, 2015 at 7:58 pm Reason: update
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
I booked a prepaid rate from Hertz with Amex Plat CDP (211762) 2 months ago for a rental in mid-November. However, due to some reasons I need to cancel my Amex card before rental period.

What do you think will happen at rental location? Do they ask for the card physically there or is it enough that I have used the CDP and paid with Amex? This is my first rental using Amex CDP so don't know if the agents really request a card for proof or not..

What is the worst case scenario - they ask for card and I don't have it.. to pay the difference (-20%) with Amex?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Furry
What do you think will happen at rental location? Do they ask for the card physically there or is it enough that I have used the CDP and paid with Amex? This is my first rental using Amex CDP so don't know if the agents really request a card for proof or not..
Just completed 3 rentals with the Amex Plat CDP in Australia (I'm European) and not a single question about the rate or the Amex card. Just business as usual to them. Mine were not prepaid rates too.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:31 pm

Indeed, don't worry in the slightest Furry - you won't have any issues
Old Jun 15, 2016, 9:29 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
LAX - No upgrade with AmEx Plat

Rented a FCAR, had a Kia Optima assigned.
Switched to a Ford Fusion eventually (less mileage) from the gold choice aisle.

The gold choice aisle had multiple FCARS that could be chosen from, nothing above that. So I suppose you're better off renting a Mid-Size car than a Full Size car.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
Rented a FCAR, had a Kia Optima assigned.
Switched to a Ford Fusion eventually (less mileage) from the gold choice aisle.

The gold choice aisle had multiple FCARS that could be chosen from, nothing above that. So I suppose you're better off renting a Mid-Size car than a Full Size car.
For the past 3 years, I have not once received a complimentary upgrade from Hertz on my #1 Club Gold 5-star that came with my Canadian Amex Platinum.

Last edited by Clipper801; Jun 15, 2016 at 5:14 pm
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Clipper801
For the past 3 years, I have not once received a complimentary upgrade from Hertz on my #1 Club Gold 5-star that came with my Amex Platinum.
The Platinum card doesn't give you Gold Five Star. It gives you Gold Plus which is the same membership you could get by signing up online without any card.

The only rental car status that the Platinum Card gives is National Emerald Executive.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by DrForce
The Platinum card doesn't give you Gold Five Star. It gives you Gold Plus which is the same membership you could get by signing up online without any card.

The only rental car status that the Platinum Card gives is National Emerald Executive.
Sorry mine is a Canadian Amex Plat. and Canadian Amex Plat. gets Hertz Gold Plus RewardsŪ Five Stars.

The Canadian Amex Plat. does not get National Emerald Executive.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:53 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DrForce
The Platinum card doesn't give you Gold Five Star.
Technically true, but you can fill out a form and Hertz will match your National status to Five Star. Read steps 5 and 6 in the Wikipost at the top of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...d-do-list.html
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Clipper801
For the past 3 years, I have not once received a complimentary upgrade from Hertz on my #1 Club Gold 5-star that came with my Canadian Amex Platinum.
I just rented from Hertz again at SFO about 2 weeks ago for 5 days.

No upgrade. Nothing.

I booked a mid-size and was assigned a Hyundai Elantra with 25,000 miles on it. It does not even have a reversing camera.

Last edited by Clipper801; Aug 21, 2016 at 6:09 pm
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
I dumped Hertz Presidents Circle AND Avis Presidents Club in favor of National (AMEX Platinum gets you Executive, though I'm Executive Elite).. Lower mileage cars and better options in the cars themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.