Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How quickly did you receive your Amex Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

How quickly did you receive your Amex Platinum

How quickly did you receive your Amex Platinum? The email I got said 7-14 days... that seems like a long time. I want to use it to book some plane tickets.

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry
If you're upgrading from a Gold card, you're already considered Platinum to Amex. That said, I received my card within a week.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
If you're upgrading from a Gold card, you're already considered Platinum to Amex. That said, I received my card within a week.
Thanks! I am making the leap from a Blue Sky... or whatever its called.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:15 pm

They tend to always overnight my AMEX cards. If you are anxious give customer service a call and have them expedite one to you.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, AmxMR, SPG-Gold
When I applied mine was automatically sent via ups overnight and so was my spouse's card.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Overnighted
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Overnight. That said, I can't remember for sure if I requested it or it was automatic.

If you're really anxious, they may be able to make you one at an Amex travel office. I got a new card at the DC office in 15 minutes... One thing they told me at the travel office is they don't always have the correct plastic (so you might get a green/gold physical card if that matters to you... in DC they happened to have the Plat).
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
Mine was overnighted. I applied last Friday morning and received it on Monday. No Saturday delivery, I guess.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:28 am

mine was overnighted as well- was a new card application
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dicoverist
Just got mine. Applied 1:30 PM on Weds and received it 11:00 AM on Thurs. The confirmation page said the card was upgraded to expedited delivery and will be delivered by UPS in 1-3 calendar days.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
They took their time reviewing my application 2-3 days I think. I received the card the morning after I was told I was accepted.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hh, Amex MR, Marriott, ICH, VA, CC, LH
Efficiency

One week tops. They are very efficient at getting them out, and at charging the fee.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by rkb2530
Just got mine. Applied 1:30 PM on Weds and received it 11:00 AM on Thurs. The confirmation page said the card was upgraded to expedited delivery and will be delivered by UPS in 1-3 calendar days.
Ditto here.... Only I got this type of service when I applied for my SPG card. I could not believe how fast I got the card. Talk about "overdelivering" on expectations (mine, at least).
Old Apr 27, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer
I upgraded as well and it shows Plat online. The card number and the 4 digit code stay the same.

Just did it last night so still waiting for that fancy package
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Amex HHonors Surpass, HHonors Gold
Overnighted to me as well. Wonderful service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.