FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   How quickly did you receive your Amex Platinum (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1339958-how-quickly-did-you-receive-your-amex-platinum.html)

mkarolian Apr 25, 2012 7:32 pm

How quickly did you receive your Amex Platinum

How quickly did you receive your Amex Platinum? The email I got said 7-14 days... that seems like a long time. I want to use it to book some plane tickets.

Thanks!

MumbaiFlyer Apr 25, 2012 7:42 pm

If you're upgrading from a Gold card, you're already considered Platinum to Amex. That said, I received my card within a week.

mkarolian Apr 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer (Post 18462003)
If you're upgrading from a Gold card, you're already considered Platinum to Amex. That said, I received my card within a week.

Thanks! I am making the leap from a Blue Sky... or whatever its called.

cyin Apr 25, 2012 8:15 pm

They tend to always overnight my AMEX cards. If you are anxious give customer service a call and have them expedite one to you.

jbak_ft Apr 25, 2012 8:17 pm

When I applied mine was automatically sent via ups overnight and so was my spouse's card.

cascade Apr 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Overnighted

DC777Fan Apr 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Overnight. That said, I can't remember for sure if I requested it or it was automatic.

If you're really anxious, they may be able to make you one at an Amex travel office. I got a new card at the DC office in 15 minutes... One thing they told me at the travel office is they don't always have the correct plastic (so you might get a green/gold physical card if that matters to you... in DC they happened to have the Plat).

havoc29 Apr 26, 2012 2:24 am

Mine was overnighted. I applied last Friday morning and received it on Monday. No Saturday delivery, I guess.

devilsfan Apr 26, 2012 4:28 am

mine was overnighted as well- was a new card application

rkb2530 Apr 26, 2012 7:15 am

Just got mine. Applied 1:30 PM on Weds and received it 11:00 AM on Thurs. The confirmation page said the card was upgraded to expedited delivery and will be delivered by UPS in 1-3 calendar days.

xolinlevh Apr 26, 2012 3:12 pm

They took their time reviewing my application 2-3 days I think. I received the card the morning after I was told I was accepted.

Flying Bat Apr 26, 2012 3:33 pm

Efficiency

One week tops. They are very efficient at getting them out, and at charging the fee.

Okto Apr 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by rkb2530 (Post 18464158)
Just got mine. Applied 1:30 PM on Weds and received it 11:00 AM on Thurs. The confirmation page said the card was upgraded to expedited delivery and will be delivered by UPS in 1-3 calendar days.

Ditto here.... Only I got this type of service when I applied for my SPG card. I could not believe how fast I got the card. Talk about "overdelivering" on expectations (mine, at least).

danpass Apr 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by MumbaiFlyer (Post 18462003)

I upgraded as well and it shows Plat online. The card number and the 4 digit code stay the same.

Just did it last night so still waiting for that fancy package :D

Interpol Apr 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Overnighted to me as well. Wonderful service.