Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass, Amex and HHonors help!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Priority Pass, Amex and HHonors help!

We joined the Hilton Honors Surpass Card with the Priority Pass benefit in September 2011. Repeated calls to AMEX to request the Surpass Package do not get resolved. We need the lounge access for an upcoming trip. Calls to American Express, Hilton Honors and Priority Pass get passed around and guess what - No Priority Pass package. Is anyone having these problems? Do you know anyone else I can ask for help? Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Can you enroll online through your benefits page?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:09 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Keep away from priority pass!!!!

Keep away from Priority pass
Called them in HK x2 20/2 Sent an email on 20/2 they assured me my amex would not be charged again for priority pass unlimited memebership - guess what they charged my amex US$419, never responded to my emails, and today again when I telephoned them in HK they were lets say less than helpful. Ill have to file a disputeds transaction report with Amex here in AU but Ill stil lhave that FX fee on my Amex
I've been charged a foreign xchange fee -SO PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM PRIORITY PASS!!!!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:23 am
Original Poster

No you can't enroll through benefits page. Amex must send you a membership package from Priority Pass. Priority Pass doesn't have our card on file and blamed American Express and said lots of customers have said the same thing. Today I figured if you have to work that hard to get a free benefit, it isn't worth it. I guess I will just buy a lounge pass through the Delta card. American express used to have really good customer service but it has really gone down hill lately.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cbourl
...assured me my amex would not be charged again for priority pass unlimited membership
Do you mean that your had a paid membership which automatically renewed, or do you mean they charged you for a membership which should have been a complimentary benefit of your American Express card?

Also, please do not post multiple copies of the same message.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
I had a paid membership which automatically renewed despite several phone calls and emails to priority pass well before the autorenewal date
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:51 am
Original Poster

AMEX Priority Pass benefit - no one will help me

We signed up with the Surpass card in September of 2011 hoping to use the Priority Lounge Pass benefit that came with this card. It's almost April and despite numerous calls to AMEX, Priority Pass, Hilton - no one wants to help. It would have been a nice benefit to use on a three week trip in Europe with various airpors. I have never had such a problem. CAn anyone suggest anything?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:28 am
mia

Originally Posted by mphall
...despite numerous calls to AMEX, Priority Pass, Hilton - no one wants to help.
What does "no one wants to help" mean, specifically? When you ask American Express to enroll you for this benefit what is their response?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:48 am
Original Poster

American Express, Hilton and Priority Pass are all separate companies. I have been a member since September (for this particular benefit on this card) and they keep saying 8-10 weeks for membership package.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:59 am
mia

Originally Posted by mphall
American Express, Hilton and Priority Pass are all separate companies.
Understood, is there some significance to this?

I would deal only with American Express because they are the issuer of the card and they are paying for the benefit. It is their responsibility to enroll you in Priority Pass, and Priority Pass will be delighted to send you the membership materials because they will collect $27 per person per visit when you use it.

How are you contacting American Express by telephone, secure messaging, Twitter, etc? What level have you reached: supervisor, manager?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

They keep telling me that they will set up a case report and in 6 to 8 weeks, the matter will be resolved. Just terrible.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Now I finally understand.

OP is pissed as a published benefit, he did not get his Priority Pass yet.

The solution - only AMEX can help you.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:38 am
mia

Originally Posted by garykung
OP is pissed as a published benefit, he did not get his Priority Pass yet.
Understood, but if the card account was established in September "6-8 weeks" has already elapsed and there is no need to patiently wait for an investigation. This benefit costs American Express nearly nothing because it provides only the pay-as-you-go membership level, and it's very profitable for Priority Pass. They should be able to solve this in a few days.This is why I asked how mphall had contacted American Express and to which level the issue had been escalated.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:59 am
Original Poster

I have tried American express, they just open another case file with a 6-8 week wait. Does anyone have another customer service number for them that actually get someone other than a clerk?
Old Mar 30, 2012, 7:07 am
mia

Tell the clerk that you wish to speak with a manager (not a supervisor) because your incident has been reported and investigated previously with no result. Call during regular business hours on a weekday, and be prepared to hold while they try to convince you that you do not need a manager.

You can also write to the address in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ervice-vp.html

If you write, keep it short:

I opened a Surpass account number xxx on 9/dd/2011. A published benefit of this card is Priority Pass Membership. I requested the membership credentials on mm/dd/11 and again on mm/dd/12, but nothing has been received. I am disappointed because American Express customer service is not empowered to solve this problem, only to open a "case file" which provides me with no benefit. Please have my Priority Pass credentials delivered by overnight courier to [address].

Last edited by mia; Mar 30, 2012 at 7:14 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.