Wiki Posts
Search

Does Amex have a clue?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Does Amex have a clue?

I recently applied for the Biz Gold Card during the 75k offer. I received a phone call from them trying to verify that I am me. Had to tell them once again that the phone numbers they are showing for me have been deleted from all my accounts for about 8 months now. I of course put the current phone numbers on the application. However, they insist on referring to the old phone numbers. Eventually I am approved.
Shortly after receiving the card, I go online a and fill out the info to receive an additional card for another user. DId not receive the card. I call in and give them the card holder's name and SSN again.
The next day, I get a call from Amex asking me once again to verify the additional card holders name and SSN (3rd time info given). Then i have to go through the phone number fiasco once again. After straightening that out, I am told they will call me back at my home number. No phone call. I call them back and for the 4th time have to give them the added cardholders name and SSN. Once again, the phone number dance is performed and they will call back. Called back after 20 minutes. Left on hold for another 15. Rep comes back and says it's taking a while, will call you back. AM called back and told additional card is approved and will take 7-10 business days to arrive. I ask for expedited delivery and am denied even though the primary card was delivered this way. I am apologized to over and over again for them wasting my time. They will not however give me MR points for doing such.
The next day I receive another call from Amex. Am asked if I requested an additional card. I told them yes, of course. For the fifth time I am asked to verify the users name and SSN. I flat out refused. I told them the card was approved yesterday. Rather smugly, the rep says I just recv'd this application and whoever told you yesterday that you were approved is wrong. So my response is, so the hour or so I spent on the phone with Amex yesterday never happened, or was pointless? Who's to say this won't happen again tomorrow? I told them, I have had enough of being harassed by your company. Nevermind, and hung up. Closed some amex accounts shortly thereafter

Last edited by jmw2323; Mar 14, 2012 at 11:20 am
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I am in my own nightmare. A couple months ago I wanted to refer my wife for the Plat card. When I sent her the referral link, it would not open. I contacted customer service and they promised that even if she applied on the phone, I would get the referral bonus and she'd get the signup bonus. I got the referral bonus quickly, but they are swearing (a month after she reached the spend requirement) that she is not eligible for the signup bonus. The email unit said they would investigate, then sent us a snailmail letter saying "Sorry Charlie." We contacted them by email and told them to look at a certain document (a memo they had, where we had the Memo ID) and it took them a half-hour to write back and just repeat their denial. This morning, after 45 minutes on the phone with Membership Rewards, they said "Yes, from what we can see, you are absolutely entitled to it, and we can't do a think about it it, you have to contact Customer Service." She couldn't give me a phone # but when I Googled the address I got a phone number - which has been busy all day.

I think I will get the points eventually, but I think I should get a damn ******* for my aggravation and their idiocy. (Fill in the asterisks with whatever you like.)
Old Mar 15, 2012, 6:39 pm

try the twitter team, they managed to help me when both secure message and phone failed.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
So aren't going to get the 75k points I take it?
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:44 am
Original Poster

As I suspected, the last moron I hung up on didn't have a clue. The additional card showed up today in spite of the last rep telling me that the card had not been approve yet. Between this fiasco and having to fight to get the points we are promised, Amex can piss off.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmw2323
The additional card showed up today in spite of the last rep telling me that the card had not been approved yet.
well to stay on theme, a second card showed up today for the same person, different account #. So went from approved to not approved yet to receiving the same card twice.

Last edited by jmw2323; Mar 19, 2012 at 8:59 pm
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

the idiocy continues. last week I received a letter from Amex asking me to provide them with a signed letter from my bank verifying my address. They will then be able to further process my application. If no letter received, they will not be able to proceed.

HEY MORONS, ALREADY HAVE MY CARD FOR OVER A MONTH NOW. THANKS
Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by jmw2323
the idiocy continues. last week I received a letter from Amex asking me to provide them with a signed letter from my bank verifying my address. They will then be able to further process my application. If no letter received, they will not be able to proceed.

HEY MORONS, ALREADY HAVE MY CARD FOR OVER A MONTH NOW. THANKS
Often, Amex's (sometimes non-communicating) systems have major functional issue with regards to secondary and supplementary cards and cardholder qualification issues. You'll find a dozen threads in this forum with reports of these (and other not-so-minor) issues including (but not limited to) financial reviews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.