Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: F9 (Frontier) only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 9, 2020, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Platinum airline fee $200 reimbursement reports: F9 (Frontier) only

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by newperk
Okay guys, I am new to this forum, but it is fantastic! I'm on the fence about choosing Frontier as the airline of choice for my Airline Reimbursements just because I don't see a lot of posts. It looks like it would be a good option because this airline charges for just about everything on top of the low fare... If anyone has any answers to these questions, it would make my decision much easier. Based on the previous comments/posts, it looks like the discount den charge can be reimbursed. Has anyone had any luck getting the "perks" or "works" reimbursed? Or do you just buy add ons a la carte (e.g. baggage, seat assignment, etc...)?
I don't believe the "works" will work because this has to be purchased at the same time as the ticket. You need to purchase the seats, baggage etc. after the original ticket to be coded as two separate transactions. I believe the perks should work if bought after, but I have no data points to back that up with.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by jmorgans
I’ve been getting reimbursements for Frontier for the past month or so. Didn’t realize it wasn’t an option previously. I did notice that there is no FlyerTalk thread for Frontier though. Maybe time to create one?
What reimbursements have you been able to get? I recently charged a $60 fare and $87 baggage (separately). The $87 was credited, the $60 was not.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:04 pm

DP for Hilton Aspire

Selected FRONTIER as airline on desktop 11/14.

"NOV15 FRONTIER AIRLINES AIRLINES - DENVER, CO - $15"

Received credit and meter moved 11/17

"NOV17 AMEX Airline Fee Reimbursement"
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
A ticket was that low?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:33 pm

First-year as an Aspire cardholder; I recently selected Frontier for my travel reimbursement. I purchased 2 tickets totaling $88 on Friday. Today the charges clearly show Frontier Airlines $88, list my ticket confirmation, and coded as 7x travel. Bummer as I could have used my Frontier Mastercard instead.

I have elite 50K status, so I do not pay for my carry on, seating, etc.

DH and I both upgraded to the Aspire this year, and the flight benefit doesn't really work for us. It's a bummer because I like everything else (besides the $450 annual fee). I don't see either of us keeping the Aspire; the resort credit is also limited. The only real benefit to us over the Ascend card is the automatic free night certificate.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 9:28 pm

Let us know if they get credited (ie flights under $50?). But if not, you can head over to the southwest thread and find out how to cash out now but fly later. If you have 2 cards, that's $1000 in credits that you can use on Southwest. Use chat to ask a rep to switch over your airline this month.
wed100105 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by libralibra
Let us know if they get credited (ie flights under $50?). But if not, you can head over to the southwest thread and find out how to cash out now but fly later. If you have 2 cards, that's $1000 in credits that you can use on Southwest. Use chat to ask a rep to switch over your airline this month.
Will do. Thank you! That’s my backup plan. I might as well find a way, right?

could you please explain how I could have $1000 in credits? We each get $250 a year with Aspire. Are you suggesting this year and next year’s credits? With a family of 5, $1000 would be really helpful!

Last edited by wed100105; Dec 3, 2019 at 4:38 am
Old Dec 3, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by wed100105
Will do. Thank you! That’s my backup plan. I might as well find a way, right?

could you please explain how I could have $1000 in credits? We each get $250 a year with Aspire. Are you suggesting this year and next year’s credits? With a family of 5, $1000 would be really helpful!
yep, that was assuming you have 2 cards (ie 2 annual fees) since the benefit is per-calendar-year (so you need to use this year's soon, and then wait till Jan to use it again).

btw, the switch over is not automatic like I might have made it sound, but there are reports of people asking and having it granted (esp if they hadn't used any credit yet).

also, if you fly Delta, you can check out that thread
wed100105 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:34 pm

Still no movement on my Aspire card for the two $44 flights purchased on 11/29. I have vouchers that I could use for my return flights. Tempted to give it a try and then ask to switch carriers if I don't have any luck. The flights are $86 each right now, so I've been waiting for a drop.

Is this the meter everyone refers to in their posts?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 3:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread re-named to follow the pattern of the AA AS B6 DL UA WN threads.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold - cheapass economy flyer!
I'm not sure if this holds true equally among different airlines, but we had a recent frontier airline purchase of less than $60. It has been almost a week, not reimbursed.

The flight info appears on my credit card statements, which may explain why amex isn't reimbursing it. I'm pretty sure my mistake was not doing something to make sure the amount paid was different than the price of the ticket.

3 weeks later - confirmed, it did not work
wed100105 likes this.

Last edited by UsernameChuck; Dec 22, 2019 at 10:59 pm
Old Dec 8, 2019, 6:37 pm

Mine's been over a week as well and my flight info is listed on my Amex account. I don't think I'm getting credited either. I have vouchers to use, but I didn't since the fares were $44 each. Our return flight is $86 each, and I am tempted to try and use the voucher. I hate to "waste" having the opportunity to use my credit for Southwest though. (I haven't redeemed anything yet this year.)
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:51 pm

I have Frontier selected with my Aspire card.

I purchased 2 one way tickets 11/29/19 for $44 each. It did not automatically trigger the credit. I chatted with Amex because my credit meter said $25 remaining. I just chatted that I was new to Aspire this year and that I didn't understand how the credits/remaining balance works. The rep said he saw that I had selected Frontier this year and that I had made a $44 purchase. The supervisor credited my account (rep did this without me asking). I need to purchase 2 more tickets. I don't think I'll be so lucky twice, but now I might as well try since Frontier is selected and I have used part of the credit.

I do have a voucher I could use and I have fee-free booking over the phone. I'm tempted to try that route.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:45 am

If you buy the bag fee at the same time as the flight, it likely won't automatically credit, but has anyone had a problem going to CSR to get that proportion credited? You have a receipt to prove you paid legitimate fees that should be reimbursed.

I have a few different flights to book, and I'm currently debating paying the higher price to book them separately to increase the chance the bag fee is automatically credited (and the increasingly small chance the cheap flight is credited separately), versus booking them together to save the total cost, and go through CSR to get the bag part credited back.

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:15 pm

New here, figured I'd add a DP:
1/19/20: Purchased fare for $38.98
1/20/20 Purchased $17 seat
1/21/20: Reimbursement for $38.98
1/23/20: Reimbursement for $17

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.