Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Legacy Blue for Business [USA] (No known valid application links, May 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Blue for Business was removed from American Express website when Blue Business Plus was introduced. The offer from March 2017 is still HERE, but the [Apply] button redirects to Blue Business Plus.

A copy of the terms of the March 2017 offer is attached to THIS post.
Print Wikipost

Legacy Blue for Business [USA] (No known valid application links, May 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH
Thanks Troopers. Did you inquire about product changing to anything else?

Not sure why anyone would keep this card after the 30% bonus posted when the BBP is a (superior) alternative.
I did, can't PC to anything else.

Yea, dumping this card.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Troopers
I did, can't PC to anything else.

Yea, dumping this card.
How long have you had the card? Less than a year, or more than a year?

Many banks don't let you PC a card you've had open for less than a year. I don't see why it should apply to a business card (since it's related to a consumer protection law), but at any rate it would good to have a clarification on just how long you've had this card open. Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
How long have you had the card? Less than a year, or more than a year?

Many banks don't let you PC a card you've had open for less than a year. I don't see why it should apply to a business card (since it's related to a consumer protection law), but at any rate it would good to have a clarification on just how long you've had this card open. Thanks.
A year. I called same day the 30% annual bonus posted.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
It's a dying card, and not sure that anyone cares too much about this, but I can now relate the following:

That magical
Blue 1X MR Pts on all spd
ends when you hit $50,000 on Charges (which, interestingly enough, includes items that are subsequently deducted as Credits).

So the $50K cap on the 1X MR Pts includes the $2,000 that was getting 9X MR Pts at restaurants. (Maybe all of the rest of you had read the T&C that way -- I had not.)

Anyhow, this card now goes to live in the sock drawer, to resurface only when Amex Offers show up. Goodbye, Blue for Business. Hello, Blue Business Plus.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
It's a dying card, and not sure that anyone cares too much about this, but I can now relate the following:

That magical ends when you hit $50,000 on Charges (which, interestingly enough, includes items that are subsequently deducted as Credits).

So the $50K cap on the 1X MR Pts includes the $2,000 that was getting 9X MR Pts at restaurants. (Maybe all of the rest of you had read the T&C that way -- I had not.)

Anyhow, this card now goes to live in the sock drawer, to resurface only when Amex Offers show up. Goodbye, Blue for Business. Hello, Blue Business Plus.
Sock drawer permanently, or only until 30% annual bonus shows up?

I'm planning to cancel mine soon after my 30% annual bonus shows up. I don't want Amex to proactively convert it to a Blue Business Plus before I have a chance to apply for it with a signup bonus. (Of course, if you already have the BBP, that concern wouldn't affect you. I've been at the Amex 5 credit card limit since when it came out, which is why I didn't apply for it yet.)
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Since I was coming up on the $50,000, I had gone ahead and gotten the Blue Business Plus, and in fact just made the $5,000 spend on that one for the 20,000 MRs. But, yeah, I am holding onto Blue for Business until Feb/Mar, i.e., whenever I am due the 30% annual bonus; and you make a good point about the credit card limit -- I'd forgotten that Blue for Business is a credit card. Like a lot of folks, I'm about to get an Amex credit card I hadn't bargained on when the Citi Hilton Honors card transitions over (I think I need to keep it in order to hold onto the Hilton weekend hotel certificate I just qualified for on that one). This is the Ascend card, right? Which may be a pain in the neck because I think that what I really want is the Amex Hilton card one up from that (Aspire?) Wow, the more I type -- and count -- the more I think that you're right: Sock drawer is too costly for this one.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:43 am

I called about the timing of my 30% bonus. Rep said it would be within 30 days of reaching the 1-year anniversary, February in my case. She also said I could not product change to the B4B Plus, that a new app would be required.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone know the official date of the membership year? Trying to time some final charges for the 2x, but the statement cut off date is 2 weeks before my noted membership date, so not sure if it ends on the statement of the same month.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I received my 30% today. I was approved for the card on Jan 31, 2017. Still didn't receive the 2X points though. Did anyone get that yet?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by mc93
I received my 30% today. I was approved for the card on Jan 31, 2017. Still didn't receive the 2X points though. Did anyone get that yet?
You should have been seeing the 2x points throughout your year. One of the two points would post a couple of days after each charge. The other point would be part of the normal, month-plus-lagged posting for spend on the card.

Thanks for the info on the bonus.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
You should have been seeing the 2x points throughout your year. One of the two points would post a couple of days after each charge. The other point would be part of the normal, month-plus-lagged posting for spend on the card.

Thanks for the info on the bonus.
Ah, I see. I didn't even notice that. Thank you! I guess it's time to cease all spending on this card then.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 6:56 pm

Are you using the Blue for Business or Blue Business Plus card?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justdoinjjs
Are you using the Blue for Business or Blue Business Plus card?
The Blue Business Plus Card didn't have a 30% annual bonus, and didn't exist on Jan 31, 2017, so how it could possibly be that?

The Blue Business Plus card didn't debut until May 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...31-2017-a.html

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 7, 2018 at 3:31 pm
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The Blue Business Plus Card didn't have a 30% annual bonus, and didn't exist on Jan 31, 2017, so how it could possibly be that?

The Blue Business Plus card didn't debut until May 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...31-2017-a.html
Yes, I had the old Blue for Business card.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:40 pm

Yes, I had the old Blue for Business card.
The 2x on all purchases is a benefit of the newer Blue Business Plus card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.