Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Legacy Blue for Business [USA] (No known valid application links, May 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Blue for Business was removed from American Express website when Blue Business Plus was introduced. The offer from March 2017 is still HERE, but the [Apply] button redirects to Blue Business Plus.

A copy of the terms of the March 2017 offer is attached to THIS post.
Print Wikipost

Legacy Blue for Business [USA] (No known valid application links, May 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:52 pm
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Blue earns Express points, but if you also hold a Green, Gold, Platinum or Centurion card linked to the same Membership Rewards account it does not matter. See preceding posts to understand the potential of holding this card long term.
Old May 19, 2013, 9:31 pm

Incidentally, I no longer see anything on the website about the bonus being based on the number of years.
Old May 20, 2013, 8:10 am
mia
Original Poster

Looking at the card Terms and Conditions, it appears the 30% bonus may now apply from year one:

Annual Relationship Bonus
You will receive a relationship bonus in the form of Membership Rewards® points for eligible purchases made using your Blue for Business® Credit Card. The number of Membership Rewards points you receive will equal 30% of eligible purchases charged to your Card account during an anniversary year. Your relationship bonus will be posted to your Membership Rewards account no later than thirty days after the anniversary of your Card account occurs. Your account must be in good standing to receive your relationship bonus each anniversary year. An anniversary year is 12 billing periods in a row, beginning with the one in which the anniversary of your Card account occurs. Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services, and do not include fees or interest charges, balance transfers or cash advances.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:08 am

How do people feel about using this over the PRG, especially now that the PRG is excluding OTA-purchased airfare from the 3x bonus?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by bluto
My Amex Business Gold is coming up on its annual fee date. I am thinking about downgrading to this New Blue for Business. I am even thinking about doing it early because at this point it is better than the old Amex Biz Gold that I have.

Anyone have success downgrading to this New Blue for Business card?
I believe you must downgrade a charge card to another charge card... Blue is revolving credit, of course.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum
Just downconverted a Delta Gold Business card to a Blue For Business. Should come in handy as a place to temporarily hold my MR points when I cancel my personal Platinum card after March 22nd.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just saw on DoC that there's a new signup offer, starting with 10k bonus MR (just one purchase required!), then 10x MR points at restaurants for 6 months (up to 20k), and 2x MR on everything for a year (up to 100k). And then on top of that there's regular feature of the card with is a 30% annual relationship bonus. So it seems like it's actually 2.3x MR for a year on everything in the long run.

Offer ends 1 Feb 2017.
As with so many Amex signup offers these days, it may take more work than just going to the Amex website to see it.

Last edited by sdsearch; Oct 30, 2016 at 8:02 am
Old Oct 30, 2016, 8:06 am
mia
Original Poster

I can see the offer on the American Express site:

https://creditcard.americanexpress.com/blue/
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
This is a non-referral link:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...ard/146/44962?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:54 am
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leonard016
This is a non-referral link:
So it is, but my link has special pulsing effects .
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: Citi TY, Amex MR, Chase UR, Choice CP, Marriott MR, AGR, RapidRewards
Very cool indeed. I'm glad I waited to pull the trigger after missing the 20K offer for this card.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Looks like Aramark didn't count as restaurant. A restaurant using Square also didn't count. I'm basing this on my MR activity page, which shows both as "Blue 1X MR Pts on all spd".
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Just starting a new business and was looking for a business CC. Currently hold the personal Plat + PRG. Will I be stuck with the Express MR points or should I see all of the points go into the same account as my personal account?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:36 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hi55us
J...should I see all of the points go into the same account as my personal account?
This should happen automatically. If it doesn't customer service will fix it.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:34 am

Wouldn't the Everyday cards also work as a way to convert Express Points into true (transferable to an airline) Membership Rewards Points? (Not just Plat, Gold, Geen)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.