Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Legacy Blue for Business [USA] (No known valid application links, May 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Blue for Business was removed from American Express website when Blue Business Plus was introduced. The offer from March 2017 is still HERE, but the [Apply] button redirects to Blue Business Plus.

A copy of the terms of the March 2017 offer is attached to THIS post.
Print Wikipost

Legacy Blue for Business [USA] (No known valid application links, May 2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: AA, Alaska, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I asked that question about the SPG Amex in an online chat and for 3 months they said it's 92 days from your approval date. I forget what exact number of days they said for 6 months, I think it may have been 183 but I'm not absolutely sure.

The 10x is a 9x bonus, while the 2x is a 1x bonus. They post separately (and "stack", for restaurant dines in the first 6 moths). So obviously any qualifying* dine you do counts for both, and thus counts toward both the $2k and the $50k, even though separately.

* I had a dine at a restaurant inside a hotel that didn't earn the 9x bonus, even though it billed as a restaurant (but for the restaurant name it showed the hotel name). So there are occasional "dines" that may not be qualifying for the 9x, I don't know exactly how they determine that.
You are correct, it is 183 days. Had the same conversation with CSR last week.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:14 pm

For those who hold this card, can you confirm you are getting 2x for all other purchases? It doesn't look like this is the case, at least not for me. I'm definitely getting 10x for restaurants, but for everything else, it's 1x. Seems like you only get 2x for Uber and Amex Travel site purchases, as per Doctor of Credit:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-si...e-20000-bonus/
  • 1x Membership rewards points on purchases
  • 2x points on Uber and on bookings made on the American Express travel website
  • Receive 30% more points with the annual relationship bonus
  • 2x points on Uber

Thoughts?
Old May 16, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by sjwoo
For those who hold this card, can you confirm you are getting 2x for all other purchases? It doesn't look like this is the case, at least not for me. I'm definitely getting 10x for restaurants, but for everything else, it's 1x. Seems like you only get 2x for Uber and Amex Travel site purchases, as per Doctor of Credit:

• 2x points on Uber

Thoughts?
I think I am: I'm getting points for each charge AND points when each statement closes.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

• 2x points on Uber

Thoughts?
It depends on the offer you signed up for and how long you've had the card and how much spend you've done on the card so far.

The offer from earlier this year which gave 10x on restaurants in the first 6 months up to one limit / cap, gives 2x on everything (stacking with restaurants for a total of 11x) in the first 12 months up to another limit / cap.

But apparently the current offer doesn't give 2x on everything. (And I never paid attention to this card before the 10x on restaurants offer, so I don't know the futher history of what past offers did or did not have a 2x on everything component.)

Ie, anything beyond normal 1x earning on this card is specific to a particular signup offer, and Amex keeps completely changing the signup offer on this card every couple months.

Also, even with an offer which had 2x for the first year, it is at least theoretically possible to have put tons of purchases on the card in the first few months, have used up the 2x cap, but yet still not have used up the 10x restaurant-specific cap.

Finally, be aware that it posts as a 9x bonus for restuarants and a 1x bonus for the "everything" near-instantly, but your regular points take a month or two to post. So are you sure you're not just seeing the 1x post and not realizing it's the bonus part of the 2x offer?

Remember, a 10x offer is the normal 1x plus a 9x bonus, so a 2x offer is the normal 1x plus a 1x bonus.

Last edited by sdsearch; May 16, 2017 at 12:27 pm
Old May 17, 2017, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Finally, be aware that it posts as a 9x bonus for restuarants and a 1x bonus for the "everything" near-instantly, but your regular points take a month or two to post. So are you sure you're not just seeing the 1x post and not realizing it's the bonus part of the 2x offer?
That was it, exactly. It took three chat session to finally get a rep who told me this -- thanks for clearing this up!
Old May 18, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
That was it, exactly. It took three chat session to finally get a rep who told me this -- thanks for clearing this up!
Some time ago I too was confused about points posting and sdsearch just explained it in a mere few sentences...more coherently and succinctly than the two Amex CSRs I chatted with.

And you may know this, but you can find those regular spend points on your online account. Click "Available Points" under your MRs point total, and then hit the "Summary" tab. Pending points will be at the bottom and you can expand to view details
Old May 25, 2017, 9:49 am

Looks like this turned into something called Blue for Business Plus- 2x on everything up to 50K.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:22 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by aradisc
Looks like this turned into something called Blue for Business Plus- 2x on everything up to 50K.
Thank you. I have created a new thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...each-year.html
Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question. I have the "10x on restaurants for 6 months" version. Regarding the 30% bonus at 1st anniversary, is everyone's understanding that it's 30% on ALL points earned in the 1st year, including 10k sign up bonus and 10x restaurants?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:01 pm
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by italdesign
...30% on ALL points earned in the 1st year, including 10k sign up bonus and 10x restaurants?
No, 30% of the base points only.

You will receive a relationship bonus in the form of Membership Rewards® points for eligible purchases made using your Blue for Business® Credit Card. The number of Membership Rewards points you receive will equal 30% of eligible purchases charged to your Card account during an anniversary year. The relationship bonus will be posted to your Membership Rewards account no later than thirty days after the anniversary of your Card account occurs.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Blue Business Plus Card 30% Annual Bonus?

My old-school Blue Business card (no longer available) provides 2 MR points per dollar spent PLUS a 30% points bonus after a year. I don’t see anything about the 30% points bonus in the terms for the Blue Business Plus - am I missing something?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:31 am
mia
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Explore
My old-school Blue Business card (no longer available) provides 2 MR points per dollar spent PLUS a 30% points bonus after a year.
Blue for Business offers one point per dollar with a 30% bonus, standard. The extra point per dollar was for the first year only (see post 64)

Blue Business Plus offers two points per dollar, standard. Capped at $50,000 per calendar year. No annual bonus.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I have not seen the bonus 1x MR points post since August. I called Amex MR, who were clueless, but they opened a case for me.

Is anyone else observing similar problems?

Separately, I'm also very much hoping we can convert this card to blue for business plus after the 30% bonus posts early next year.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by DaveH
Separately, I'm also very much hoping we can convert this card to blue for business plus after the 30% bonus posts early next year.
My 30% bonus pts posted today. I tried to product change to the Blue Business Plus and was told not an option.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Troopers. Did you inquire about product changing to anything else?

Not sure why anyone would keep this card after the 30% bonus posted when the BBP is a (superior) alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.