Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mooper
You did online or by phone? International could be a factor. There have been mixed reports on this. Can anyone else provide a recent datapoint where 3 eGCs + CC were used online? Thanks!
It was online. Booked in March for flights I flew this week. Now that I'm thinking about it, the booking threw an error at the end and I did not receive a confirmation e-mail, but it did show up in my SM account right away and I flew the flights, so I guess it worked
Old Jun 7, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: PRG, SP
Hey guys and gals! Hope everything is going well for you. Recently Amex announced that their PRG would be receiving a similar $100 airline credit on the 1st of June. I followed the procedures as stated above. Will be updating you all if this method works for the new PRG.

Purchased 2x $50 eGifts on 06/03/15. Awaiting, (hoping) for the credit back.

All the best,
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:58 pm

An update for you gents. I noticed the reimbursement credit this morning. The new PRG $100 airline credit has been confirmed for Delta! Increments of $50 as before.

Fantastic!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by mooper
You did online or by phone? International could be a factor. There have been mixed reports on this. Can anyone else provide a recent datapoint where 3 eGCs + CC were used online? Thanks!
Yup, 3 $50 egifts + cc for balance of domestic rt ticket.
Did this in late 2014 twice online.
SECOND ONE was 100, 100, 50 + cc.

FFIW i think the 100's were delta egifts from WF Amex Propel travel reimbursements (2 cards)

Last edited by Dockdogs; Jun 9, 2015 at 8:13 am
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:44 pm

Amex Gold Card Reimbursement

Hi, I'm new here but I've browsed around these forums a lot and so I thought I would contribute my $0.02.

I purchased a $50 Delta eCert from Delta directly and used my Amex PRG card. Reimbursement hit the account 2 days later.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Harzstyle
An update for you gents. I noticed the reimbursement credit this morning. The new PRG $100 airline credit has been confirmed for Delta! Increments of $50 as before.

Fantastic!
Thanks for the confirmation!
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by kenshinluo
Thanks for the confirmation!
For sure! Enjoy
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:40 am

Why is it only $50 for DL, when you can get $100 with AA? Any idea?

Would rather buy DL, but I like to use several of these virtual gift cards at the same time to pay for a ticket (usually my daughter's Christmas ticket from California)... Meh.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by lbotez
Why is it only $50 for DL, when you can get $100 with AA? Any idea?

Would rather buy DL, but I like to use several of these virtual gift cards at the same time to pay for a ticket (usually my daughter's Christmas ticket from California)... Meh.
AA simply has a different system than DL. The code will appear different when the transaction is made, alerting Amex's system. It's unfortunate that for DL it has to be in increments of $50 but at least we're getting these credits essentially for free through Amex's back door. I'll deal with the $50 increments if it get's refunded back any day

Pretty sure you can pair 2 DL eGifts at once too!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Harzstyle
AA simply has a different system than DL. The code will appear different when the transaction is made, alerting Amex's system. It's unfortunate that for DL it has to be in increments of $50 but at least we're getting these credits essentially for free through Amex's back door. I'll deal with the $50 increments if it get's refunded back any day

Pretty sure you can pair 2 DL eGifts at once too!
Can combine 3 GCs and a Credit Card for DL.com purchases - have done it a few times already.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
Can combine 3 GCs and a Credit Card for DL.com purchases - have done it a few times already.
Even better!
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:39 am

I bought four $50 DL e-gift cards,.. and four $50 reimbursements were posted within a few days.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by levilevi
I tweaked the Wiki a bit to note that while some have reported trouble using more than two ecerts at once online, others have had success. Thx for the info.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA DL
Did a 4x $50 transaction in one go.

Posted 6/30
Reimbursed 7/3
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:09 am

Just want to add my data point in.

I booked a RT flight with miles for two passengers, totalling $140 in taxes. The charges showed up as two $70 charges (one for each person) on my statement and I received the reimbursement about 3 days later. So it seems like taxes are eligible for reimbursement, though I imagine you may have to keep the taxes below $100 per passenger. Hope this helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.