Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mooper
Read this primer first

• In the Amex Membership Rewards family, both the Consumer and Business versions of the Platinum and Centurion cards qualify for a $200 airline credit. The Premier Rewards Gold (PRG) card is eligible for a $100 airline credit.
  • You must click here to select Delta as your enrolled airline before you make a reimbursable purchase, else the benefit won't apply. The feature is activated immediately upon airline designation.
  • If you've selected DL in the past and don't wish to change airlines, there's no need to select again; current selection rolls into future years until modified.
  • Reported reimbursed incidental charges have included baggage and other service fees, award and change fees (incl standby, SDC), taxes, in-flight purchases (not WiFi), lounge access fees, EC upgrade (seat assignment) fees, priority boarding fees, Delta mileage booster fees, and DL eGift Cards/eCerts (see section below). Charges not posted by Delta (e.g., partners) are not eligible. Note that the Global Entry fee reimbursement is a separate benefit in addition to the $200 Delta incidentals reimbursement.The T&Cs state the eligible charges, but YMMV, so don't call and ask.
  • The credit is per account, not per card. If the main account has authorized users with additional cards, eligible charges may still be made on those cards, but they'll count jointly towards the same account limit.
  • Credits are capped per calendar year, meaning you could tap the full amount on Dec 31st and again on Jan 1st in the extreme. Transaction date, not posting date, determines the year.
  • You will get a partial credit to bring your total annual reimbursements to the limit exactly if a qualifying charge takes you past the limit.
  • Credit posting delays range from several business days (typical) to several weeks (seen in Oct 2015). The T&Cs state that it could take up to four weeks, so wait at least that long before worrying, and certainly don't contact Amex prematurely. After four weeks, if you've read this Wiki carefully and posted here seeking assistance but the credit still has not arrived, consider chatting with Amex online. Politely mention the "Delta extras" you thought would be reimbursed within four weeks and they'll handle it.

eGift Card (eCert) details

• Delta eGift Cards (eCerts) qualify for reimbursement. The name on the eCerts doesn't matter and need not match your card, but you must purchase using an eligible Amex card and meet the other criteria detailed in this Wiki.
  • Denominations over $50 will not generate the credit. Multiple $50 eCerts will. The smallest denomination available is $50.
  • To order, use this direct link to the eGift cert order page, or navigate via Delta.com>Shop>eGift Certificate.
  • No need to place separate orders using multiple carts/checkouts. By adding multiple certs to one order (e.g., 4 x $50), even though they are in the same cart, the certs will post as separate transactions and still generate a credit for each.
  • eCert purchases may initially authorize (show pending) as ticket purchases before posting to (finalize on) your statement. Multiple-eCert orders may authorize the combined value as a single pending ticket purchase. Don't worry. They will later post as separate eCert charges in the qualifying amounts.
  • eCerts are generated instantly, but the codes are not valid for use until 72 hours after purchase, so don't order expecting to use them in a pinch.
  • A maximum of three eCerts may be redeemed per online transaction. Splitting a round-trip into two one-ways will allow you to use additional eCerts.

For other airlines: AS Thread | B6 Thread | HA Thread | UA Thread | WN Thread
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only [2011 - 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by mia
I fill out everything and after hitting purchase it directs me back to the previous screen and it says

"We are unable to complete your purchase. Please try again later."

Man Delta sucks, even the simplest thing has to be so difficult. I would like to get and use these certs for a flight. I have been trying 4 x $50 maybe I will try 2 x $50 and 2 x $50 and see if that works...
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:16 am

What the heck. I just went back to the page after typing the previous post and entered my CC security code, state, and checking box, and hit purchase and it went through. I bought 4 x $50 for $200. I must have tried 8 times before. I guess we all know how well Delta's IT works. So if you are having issues just keep trying. It will eventually work...
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by msquire311
What the heck. I just went back to the page after typing the previous post and entered my CC security code, state, and checking box, and hit purchase and it went through. I bought 4 x $50 for $200. I must have tried 8 times before. I guess we all know how well Delta's IT works. So if you are having issues just keep trying. It will eventually work...
I was experiencing a similar issue a few days ago, make sure that all the fields are populated with the correct values, I found that my browsers Autofill feature was causing my error by putting an incorrect value in one of the CC fields.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Data point unrelated to the eGCs:
Used my Plat card for SkyClub entry and paid the $29 for a guest.
Used the club on a Thursday. Charge posted one day later (Friday). Credit appeared the following Friday (7 days later).

This credit took far longer to post than a bunch of award ticket fees I had earlier in the year, one of which was close to $70. Those all got credited within 1-2 days after posting.

Club guest fee was posted as follows:
Code:
DOING BUSINESS AS
DELTA AIR LINES
MERCHANT ADDRESS
DEPT 680 1030 DELTA BLVD, ATLANTA, GA 30354 UNITED STATES
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
REFERENCE NUMBER
#BUNCHOFNUMBERS#
CATEGORY
TRAVEL - AIRLINE
FROM	TO	CARRIER	CLASS
N/A
N/A
YY

N/A
YY

N/A
YY

N/A
YY

TICKET NUMBER
006###########
DATE OF DEPARTURE
PASSENGER NAME
LEE/GOOSE
DOCUMENT TYPE
CLUB MEMBERSHIP FEE
 	DELTA AIR LINES
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Alright, a rookie question:

Planning for my first DL eGC redemption:

1. Do you have to log into your SkyMiles account to purchase them?
2. In the sender's and recipient's name, do you put your own name in both fields?
3. Pertaining to point 1 above, will the eGC be deposited into your SkyMiles account (alongwith being sent to your email) or do you have to add them manually when buying a ticket?
4. I believe it is not advisable to buy a $200 cert?

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990

2. In the sender's and recipient's name, do you put your own name in both fields?
3. Pertaining to point 1 above, will the eGC be deposited into your SkyMiles account (alongwith being sent to your email) or do you have to add them manually when buying a ticket?

Thanks!
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. You enter the eGift cert # and redemption code when you pay for a ticket
4. You need to buy qty 4 of $50 certs
Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium

Thanks!
1) No.
2) You may, or you may enter any other sender/recipient you want.
3) No, recipient is emailed a code that may be used by anyone.
4) 4 x $50 if you want to get the full credit (see Wiki).

I'm fairly, not not perfectly, certain I have those answers correct. Good luck!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. You enter the eGift cert # and redemption code when you pay for a ticket
4. You need to buy qty 4 of $50 certs
Originally Posted by mooper
1) No.
2) You may, or you may enter any other sender/recipient you want.
3) No, recipient is emailed a code that may be used by anyone.
4) 4 x $50 if you want to get the full credit (see Wiki).

I'm fairly, not not perfectly, certain I have those answers correct. Good luck!
Thank you fliesdelta and mooper for your replies! I am giving it a try with a $50 cert! Will post my experiences! If successful, I'll get 3 more!!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:48 am

So, I bought one $50 eGC, and the transaction went from pending to POSTED! Quick question: it shows

1. LOS ANGELES INTERN > LOS ANGELES INTERN (I believe it's LAX)
2. Document Type: Passenger ticket

Is this what it's supposed to show on a posted transaction for an eGC? Thanks.

Edit: Also went through the wiki, which said it is normal for it to be authorized as ticket, but will be changed in the statement. My question is, since it has already posted as a ticket, will it show up as something different in the month-end statement?

And it's about a week before they post the credit, I believe? I read varying reports of the time-frame here on FT.

Thanks once again!!

Last edited by AvidFlyer1990; Apr 19, 2015 at 10:38 am Reason: Time-frame, Wiki reference
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:09 pm

Is this what it's supposed to show on a posted transaction for an eGC? Thanks.
I don't recall, but it won't matter. The credit should show up fine if it was an eGC you purchased.

And it's about a week before they post the credit, I believe? I read varying reports of the time-frame here on FT.
Depends on the time, day you make the purchase. To save stress, don't expect it for a couple weeks. In most cases, a full week is enough time.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:27 pm

I purchased a Delta eGiftCard for $50 on 4/17. The details show it as a ticket from LA to LA like AvidFlyer1990 has it. On 4/18, I get charged for $9.95 from Travel Delay services from Amex. After calling Amex, they said I was charged that because the Delta eGiftCard purchase appears as a ticket in the system. The Amex rep even read me the conditions for the Airline credit and she specifically mentioned no gift cards and she said it in a condescending way to say the least.

I know it hasn't been a week yet, but hoping that it all sorts out and I get my $50 airline credit!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:10 pm

Happy to state that I have received my $50 airline fee reimbursement!! Yeeaaaaahhh!!

Purchased on 04/16
Credited on 04/20

Now, for the remaining $150 in credit!!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Dags
I purchased a Delta eGiftCard for $50 on 4/17. The details show it as a ticket from LA to LA like AvidFlyer1990 has it. On 4/18, I get charged for $9.95 from Travel Delay services from Amex. After calling Amex, they said I was charged that because the Delta eGiftCard purchase appears as a ticket in the system. The Amex rep even read me the conditions for the Airline credit and she specifically mentioned no gift cards and she said it in a condescending way to say the least.

I know it hasn't been a week yet, but hoping that it all sorts out and I get my $50 airline credit!
Welcome to FT, Dags, but you broke the golden rule... NEVER CALL. Just wait a couple weeks and if it doesn't sort itself out, then post here for advice. You should be fine if all you purchased was a $50 eGC with nothing else.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by mooper
Welcome to FT, Dags, but you broke the golden rule... NEVER CALL. Just wait a couple weeks and if it doesn't sort itself out, then post here for advice. You should be fine if all you purchased was a $50 eGC with nothing else.
Thanks for the welcome. My apologies for being a n00b. Thanks for the advice. I'll soon get the hang of flyertalk.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dags

what is "travel delay service"? why are they charging you for $9.95?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.