Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
Current offer (as of 7/1/16):
"A special offer for Ameriprise Clients: $0 introductory fee for the first year, then $550. Additional Cards can also be added for an introductory fee of $0 for the first year, then $175 for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards. Earn an additional 5,000 Membership Rewards points for every $20,000 in eligible purchases on the Card, up to 30,000 additional points per year."

https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...rsion/personal

(In 2015 the offer included 25k MR points for $3,000 spend, with $450 annual fee waived.)
__________________________________________________ _________________

Is this card a different product than the normal personal Amex Platinum?
Yes, by all indications this card is treated differently. Multiple members have received the bonus after previously having a personal Platinum card. Members have also been able to use the travel credit on this card even after obtaining the travel credit on a personal Platinum in the same year. (Post 363)

Do authorized users have a fee?
The fee for additional users is waived for the first year. You can add authorized users at $0 when signing up or you can add them later by calling the number on the back of your card.

My decision is "in progress", what should I do?
Many users report that they received an "in progress" decision initially only to be approved within the next 48hrs with no additional communication (recon call). Click here to check status.

Does one need to be an Ameriprise customer to be approved for this card?
No, one does not have to be an Ameriprise customer in order to get approved for the card, although AMEX could technically enforce the "rule" in their terms and conditions and either cancel your card or convert it to a "regular" Platinum.
Print Wikipost

Ameriprise Amex Platinum (discontinued October 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:44 pm

Hello all,

This is my first post here! I'm thinking of getting this AMEX Platinum offer for Ameriprise clients (though I am actually not an Ameriprise client) as there is currently $0 fee the first year and 25,000 MR points after $3K spend in three months. I have never had a Platinum card of any variety.

My question lies with the Ameriprise version of the Gold Card though. Have any of you that have it received the email stating new benefits and an increased fee will start June 1? From what I have been told by AMEX, I would only be able to downgrade to the Ameriprise Gold from the Ameriprise Platinum if I wanted to do so in a year, because the Ameriprise branded cards are their own "family." I also asked if the Ameriprise Gold would be getting increased benefits and higher fee on June 1, but a CSR told me that version was staying the same and at $125.

If anyone has the Ameriprise Gold card, I'd be interested in knowing if you've gotten the email blast that benefits were changing soon. Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by nicsenn
Hello all,

This is my first post here! I'm thinking of getting this AMEX Platinum offer for Ameriprise clients (though I am actually not an Ameriprise client) as there is currently $0 fee the first year and 25,000 MR points after $3K spend in three months. I have never had a Platinum card of any variety.

My question lies with the Ameriprise version of the Gold Card though. Have any of you that have it received the email stating new benefits and an increased fee will start June 1? From what I have been told by AMEX, I would only be able to downgrade to the Ameriprise Gold from the Ameriprise Platinum if I wanted to do so in a year, because the Ameriprise branded cards are their own "family." I also asked if the Ameriprise Gold would be getting increased benefits and higher fee on June 1, but a CSR told me that version was staying the same and at $125.

If anyone has the Ameriprise Gold card, I'd be interested in knowing if you've gotten the email blast that benefits were changing soon. Thanks!
Why do you leave out information? What is the new fee and what are the new benefits?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:32 pm
ckr

Originally Posted by hytekjosh
Why do you leave out information? What is the new fee and what are the new benefits?
http://about.americanexpress.com/new...gold-card.aspx

Last edited by mia; Apr 29, 2015 at 5:03 am Reason: Repair link
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA DL
Originally Posted by hytekjosh
He must be referring to this

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-2015-a.html
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
so any regular customer who had the regular platinium card that applied for the ameriprise version got approved and able to get the credit?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Note that the Gold card shown on the Ameriprise site is a plain Gold Card, not the Premier Rewards Gold card.

https://www.ameriprise.com/cash-card...lending/cards/

appears to be this card:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...ards-learnmore
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Blah got the 10-12 day waiting period nonsense
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:24 pm

I think I am blind, I looked back through the pages and could not find the recon number. Can anyone post it? Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA DL
Originally Posted by gold07
i think i am blind, i looked back through the pages and could not find the recon number. Can anyone post it? Thanks
1-877-399-3083
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jcrew
1-877-399-3083

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by rajuabju
Blah got the 10-12 day waiting period nonsense
Woo. Got email approval today.

Me likely.
Old May 6, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
How fast is everyone receiving the card after approval? On a bit of a time crunch and hoping to utilize some of the GC's from these cards.
Old May 7, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
From the last few pages, it doesn't look like ANYONE gets auto approved. And so it is: an end to my 100% auto approval success rate with Amex (after 8 cards)
Old May 8, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
i think this card comes regular mail. i called and asked after approval they said it will come regular mail
Old May 8, 2015, 9:32 am

does amex looks on recent amex and non-amex applications? I've got Gold recenlty and 2 of Citi, but I want this plat also (am I an Ameriprise client)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.