Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

UK: Hugely detrimental changes to Platinum travel insurance from January 25, 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK: Hugely detrimental changes to Platinum travel insurance from January 25, 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:05 am

Programs: Amex Plat UK, BA, Diamond HHonors
Originally Posted by mc1973
Thanks for that, my main concern was medical cover and cancelation cover

My uderstanding is that medical cover is offered regardless of payment method used, however Cancellation cover is only valid if payment is made to a relevant Amex card.

I would suggest you give them a call to double-check (unless anyone has current terms and conditions handy?)
Old Jan 5, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC, IHG, LeClub, HHonors
Originally Posted by travelfreakuk
My uderstanding is that medical cover is offered regardless of payment method used, however Cancellation cover is only valid if payment is made to a relevant Amex card.

I would suggest you give them a call to double-check (unless anyone has current terms and conditions handy?)
Thanks for that, I plan to call anyway as I need something else clarified.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:25 am

Question re the travel insurance. I've got a supplementary cardmember who is going to south-east Asia for 6 months. At the minute he's only buying flights one-way. I understand that the maximum trip length is 90 days - does that mean that all of the insurance elements are totally void or would they still be insured for the first 90 days?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by benjyyy
Question re the travel insurance. I've got a supplementary cardmember who is going to south-east Asia for 6 months. At the minute he's only buying flights one-way. I understand that the maximum trip length is 90 days - does that mean that all of the insurance elements are totally void or would they still be insured for the first 90 days?
When I went away on a trip for 100+ days I emailed Platinum Services and got confirmation from them that the AMEX cover would be good for the first 90 days. Therefore I only had to buy cover for the days over and above 90. Don't see why this wouldn't apply to a supplementary card holder but would get written confirmation from AMEX that the position hasn't changed as my trip was a couple of years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.