Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express Small Business Saturday Will Return 11/26/11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Small Business Saturday Will Return 11/26/11

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by chutchins
Its not a promo for a gift card, you get a $25 credit on you account for purchases on 11/26 that are made at small businesses.
off the topic above though, will internet gift card purchase from local business web will get a credit too??? anyone experienced last year??
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by swat16
So does anyone know for sure if it's one credit per card member or per card? I read half of last years thread and tried to search but I can't find any definitive answer. Thanks!
Last year it was per card. There is nothing to suggest that it will be different this year.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by trust0me
off the topic above though, will internet gift card purchase from local business web will get a credit too??? anyone experienced last year??
Whoever the merchant is that runs your card for the purchase of the gift card needs to be considered a small business by AMEX. I got a credit last year for a gift certificate that I bought online from a mom and pop restaurant that had it's own website. So my card was not physically swiped but I got the credit. The charge to the card was made by the restaurant itself which is a small business.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Last year I thought it was one $25 credit for shopping at a small business, and had something like a $50 minimum -- are you guys saying I should have drive from store to store ?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Originally Posted by mia
Is your business listed in the online search tool described by ddallas?
No it is not, I just looked. There were only 7 that came up under my zip code and those were ones that all had FB pages for their business.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by 4aks
Last year I thought it was one $25 credit for shopping at a small business, and had something like a $50 minimum -- are you guys saying I should have drive from store to store ?
Minimum to get $25 credit was $25 at a small business. No need to drive store to store. If you have multiple cards you can use them all at the same store.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by swat16
So does anyone know for sure if it's one credit per card member or per card? I read half of last years thread and tried to search but I can't find any definitive answer. Thanks!
Last year it was per card. This year we won't know for sure until it happens. Don't buy anything you wouldn't buy anyway. Last year my faves were liquor store products (good shelf life) and gift certificates (for myself) from favorite restaurants. If you do get the $25 credit, happy holidays. If you don't, you didn't buy anything you wouldn't have bought during the year so no biggie.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:27 pm

Last year folks who signed up early did get a credit for multiple cards BUT later on it was limited to 1 card per person....I only received credit on one Amex card....FYI
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by PhoenixFF
Last year folks who signed up early did get a credit for multiple cards BUT later on it was limited to 1 card per person....I only received credit on one Amex card....FYI
So you were able to sign up multiple cards last year, but then after you made the $25 spend on each, only the first card you used received the $25 credit?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 1:43 pm

Correct....I nitially signed up one card...followed by a few others a "short" time later...I remember a post by Frugal Tavel guy later saying that AMEX was limiting it to one card per person...that is why i did not contact Amex about the credit on my other 2 cards...i had bought stuff i needed anyway...did get 1 credit
Old Nov 2, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
I just tried to register a second card and got the msg:

Oops, our records show that you've already registered for this offer. We limit the number of times that a Cardmember can register for each offer.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Signed up a few cards here and there

Anyone know how accurate the listings for small businesses are on the signup page? lots of restaurants for gcs!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:52 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Originally Posted by MJLouise
I just tried to register a second card and got the msg:

Oops, our records show that you've already registered for this offer. We limit the number of times that a Cardmember can register for each offer.
I had no problem registering all 3 of my cards using the same email address even for all 3.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Anyone know how accurate the listings for small businesses are on the signup page?
It's almost worthless, because it appears to list only small businesses which also have a Facebook presence. There will be many other small businesses which qualify but are not listed. Scroll back to post 53.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by millere2
I had no problem registering all 3 of my cards using the same email address even for all 3.
+1

I have registered 17 cards between myself and my wife, using only two email addresses

Got successful registration on every single one and I cannot see anything in the T&C that restricts it to one per card-member

Had the same success with this last year did not have one of the cards I register fail to produce the $25 credit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.