Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express Small Business Saturday Will Return 11/26/11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Small Business Saturday Will Return 11/26/11

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:23 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

redtop43's thread has been merged into the existing thread because there is no difference in the character of the discussion.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA.
can you purchase gift card and user later

Hello,

Can you go to the restaurant that are small business and purchase a gift card $25 and use this later? Will this qualify ?

Thanks!
Lee
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by moon4fun
Hello,

Can you go to the restaurant that are small business and purchase a gift card $25 and use this later? Will this qualify ?

Thanks!
Lee
Sure. Why would you think it might not?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
If you can register the card first and it accepts it then you can get a $25 for each card registered.
It's not really what I meant. I have 3 different AMEX cards. Can I register all 3 of them?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by blackmamba
It's not really what I meant. I have 3 different AMEX cards. Can I register all 3 of them?
Yes.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:47 am
Suspended

Remider - Small Business Saturday

Spend $25 (or more) at a small business with your registered Amex card and get a $25 credit.

Sure, only 25 points/etc but you also get $25 in free goods.

https://www.facebook.com/SmallBusine...83558821725512
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:56 am

Can you register more than one card?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by jakesideas
Here's the terms and conditions, from the above provided link:

American Express Small Business Saturday $25 Statement Credit Offer

To be eligible for the Small Business Saturday $25 statement credit, you must (1) register any valid U.S. American Express® Consumer Card or Business Card by clicking on the link at www.facebook.com/shopsmall and follow the directions provided, and (2) use that Card to make a purchase of $25 or more at a small business on November 26, 2011. Registration starts November 1, 2011 and is limited. Limit one statement credit per registered Card, regardless of the number of transactions you make using that Card. Additionally, if you received a $25 statement credit in connection with Small Business Saturday through American Express’ offer on Foursquare, you will not be eligible to receive the statement credit through this offer.

Eligible small business merchants are independently owned small businesses located in the United States that accept the American Express Card. Purchases made at large or national chain stores, at franchised business locations and at government agencies are not eligible. Prepaid, Corporate Cards and ExpressPay transactions are not eligible.

If your registered Card is replaced during the promotional period, please call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance. Statement credits are generally issued within 5 business days after your qualifying purchase, but may take up to 2 billing cycles to post to your account. Additional terms apply; see Registration Terms & Conditions for details.
(underline mine)
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jakesideas
I was able to, and it would seem that I'll get a credit on each, I can't say for certain
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:13 am

There's a running thread with more info in the Amex MR forum, Mods?

Also, made me laugh that the miles you'll earn on the purchase is your priority, not the $25 in free merchandise. Classic.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Spend $25 (or more) at a small business with your registered Amex card and get a $25 credit.

Sure, only 25 points/etc but you also get $25 in free goods.

https://www.facebook.com/SmallBusine...83558821725512
If you participate in a Rewards Network dining program and are VIP there and have that card registered there, you can do a $25 dine at an indie restaurant for free and still earn 125 miles (through RN). That's what I did for the similar kind of promo last year. (This year I'm outside the US on that Saturday, and the promo only works within the US per the T&Cs.)
Old Nov 24, 2011, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Stoughton
I was able to, and it would seem that I'll get a credit on each, I can't say for certain
Last year I got credit for multiple cards - 4 or 5 cards between 2 persons in household. This year I am hoping to get credit on 9 cards. Hopefully it will work out.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:06 pm

Ok, stupid question - how do you tell that a particular merchant is eligible for this promo?

For example, I'd like to go here - http://www.booksinc.net/about-us , but am not sure it will qualify. The list of merchants on Facebook seems incomplete.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 4:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by abcx
... list of merchants on Facebook seems incomplete.
Correct, those are only examples of qualifying merchants. There is no list, only the definition published in the terms.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Correct, those are only examples of qualifying merchants. There is no list, only the definition published in the terms.
That's annoying because I'm not sure if some of the merchants will qualify and I sure as hell don't want to spend $25 that I won't otherwise spend and then find out that I'm not getting the credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.