Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long do I have to dispute a charge with AMEX?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:49 pm

I am extremelly dissapointed with American Express card dispute department, i had been a costumer for over 8 years . I purchased tickets for my mother to come and visit me from overseas, she got sick ( she had been recovering from stomach cancer). I purchase tickets with insurance, called the airlines to cancel, then contact Amex inmediatelly, they never represent me as they said they would, they sided with the airlines and took their lies for truth! I send the docummentation, but I really do not think they even open at it! I cancelled in May and they had me holding and waitng to go in favor of the airlines.... $2600 spent and If I had known they were not going to do anything I could had at least use then in a yera or so!!! terrible! I think I will just cancell this expensive credit card , I do not feel they care anymore for their custumers! I rather continue using my capital one or my United card... so so disapointed!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 11:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ismile
...I purchase tickets with insurance, called the airlines to cancel, then contact Amex inmediatelly, they never represent me as they said they would, they sided with the airlines a
Welcome to Flyertalk. Why did you contact American Express rather than filing a claim with the insurance company? Did the insurance exclude pre-existing conditions?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by ismile
I am extremelly dissapointed with American Express card dispute department, i had been a costumer for over 8 years . I purchased tickets for my mother to come and visit me from overseas, she got sick ( she had been recovering from stomach cancer). I purchase tickets with insurance, called the airlines to cancel, then contact Amex inmediatelly, they never represent me as they said they would, they sided with the airlines and took their lies for truth! I send the docummentation, but I really do not think they even open at it! I cancelled in May and they had me holding and waitng to go in favor of the airlines.... $2600 spent and If I had known they were not going to do anything I could had at least use then in a yera or so!!! terrible! I think I will just cancell this expensive credit card , I do not feel they care anymore for their custumers! I rather continue using my capital one or my United card... so so disapointed!
As far as I know Amex doesn't have trip cancellation/interruption benefit. If you bought a non-refundable ticket, then I don't see why amex should side with you.

I think you should file a claim with your insurance like Mia said.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Welcome to FlyerTalk !

You may be confused and have contacted the wrong business. Without insulting you, it appears from your writing that English may not be your first language. If this is the case, you may find it helpful to ask a friend to help you deal with all of this.

1. If your mother's ticket was non-refundable, it was non-refundable. If you disputed the charge with AMEX that failed because the ticket was non-refundable. Nothing will change that.

2. Your mother can try speaking with the air carrier to see if the carrier might, as a matter of customer service, rebook her at some reduced fee.

3. If your mother -- not you -- has travel insurance which covers medical situations such as this, the insurance carrier will then reimburse your mother -- who can reimburse you -- for the value of the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.