FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long do I have to dispute a charge with AMEX?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 6:27 am
guear

Originally Posted by ismile
I am extremelly dissapointed with American Express card dispute department, i had been a costumer for over 8 years . I purchased tickets for my mother to come and visit me from overseas, she got sick ( she had been recovering from stomach cancer). I purchase tickets with insurance, called the airlines to cancel, then contact Amex inmediatelly, they never represent me as they said they would, they sided with the airlines and took their lies for truth! I send the docummentation, but I really do not think they even open at it! I cancelled in May and they had me holding and waitng to go in favor of the airlines.... $2600 spent and If I had known they were not going to do anything I could had at least use then in a yera or so!!! terrible! I think I will just cancell this expensive credit card , I do not feel they care anymore for their custumers! I rather continue using my capital one or my United card... so so disapointed!
As far as I know Amex doesn't have trip cancellation/interruption benefit. If you bought a non-refundable ticket, then I don't see why amex should side with you.

I think you should file a claim with your insurance like Mia said.