Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Spend $100+ with Delta Airlines & get 5,000 MR Points from 7/15 - 10/31/11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spend $100+ with Delta Airlines & get 5,000 MR Points from 7/15 - 10/31/11

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 11:46 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, SPG-Plat100, Marriott-Plat
Just read abt this promo... If i manage to get this, Does it work for my earlier 100+ DL purchases, right from Promo start date ?
Old Aug 21, 2011, 3:00 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Do DL purchases have to be flight or luggage only related ?
Probably not. I'll bet that anything that typically qualifies for the $200/year reimbursement credit will also qualify for this promo. If correct, that means you could spend $100+ in change fees, food, baggage, flights, gift certs, or anything else billed by Delta and it will count... as long as it meets that threshold *per transaction* (i.e., paying $25 on four different flights, once at a time, won't qualify).
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:11 am

Programs: LH FT, Flying Blue Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by alveoli0
i take it that this is US only?

I just spent 1300 at Delta .....
Sadly it appears so.

Shame UK Amex card holders never get such offers!
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Wish I would really get one of these promos like this, I just spent $5k on DL tickets all for myself...I would like to know how I can become cool and get on the targeted list for these awesome promos.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
not eligible, Amex plat + Delta reserve, Plat medallion on delta
Old Aug 24, 2011, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by davevt98
Am I reading this correctly, do you get 5,000 membership reward points for EACH transaction with Delta over $100.
As an American Express® Cardmember enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program, you're invited to enroll now to earn 5,000 Membership Rewards points for each Delta Air Lines purchase of $100 or more from July 15, 2011 to October 31, 2011.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:52 am

bonus posting?

anybody got the 5k bonus(es) in their amex account yet?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 10:54 am
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by moebod
anybody got the 5k bonus(es) in their amex account yet?
Mine have been posting 24 hours after the purchase. About 50k of them so far.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by cmx
F'ing nice! I hope you are somehow making purchases barely over $100 each to boot... would give you a very impressive take on this promo.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:07 am

CMX - were you able to register automatically for the promotion? What card was eligible?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by cmx
My account is "noted" and confirmed in writing but not technically enrolled.

This is very good to know as it gives me a behavior to reference when I ask that they credit for our tickets. I'll wait until statement closed and paid before asking though.

Originally Posted by mooper
F'ing nice! I hope you are somehow making purchases barely over $100 each to boot... would give you a very impressive take on this promo.
We have 13 one-ways at an average of $130 purchased so far. About half we would have purchased anyway... The other half though, well, it would be very disappointing to not have this promo work out.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:14 am
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
It's just a regular gold card, and I was able to use my login/pass to register for the promotion. I did have some purchases made on the 24th that haven't posted yet, so I'll let you know if those don't post quickly.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by msp2msy
We have 13 one-ways at an average of $130 purchased so far. About half we would have purchased anyway... The other half though, well, it would be very disappointing to not have this promo work out.
Smart move on the one-ways (though, if you aren't already, be careful that you don't kill any other promo-qualifying opportunities that require round-trips for expedited status, or similar). I'm doing the same in some cases... breaking up purchases into one-ways, limiting voucher use so as to leave $100+ on purchases instead of completely wiping out the cost, etc.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by mooper
Smart move on the one-ways (though, if you aren't already, be careful that you don't kill any other promo-qualifying opportunities that require round-trips for expedited status, or similar). I'm doing the same in some cases... breaking up purchases into one-ways, limiting voucher use so as to leave $100+ on purchases instead of completely wiping out the cost, etc.
I WISH I qualified for some Delta promos this year! Last year I flew RDU-SIN and would gladly do it again if I could. I'll suggest checking out one-way's to/from Phoenix. I find them very inexpensive, easy to sequence with a red-eye heading east to ATL, and if I'm stuck there for a day or a weekend, my parents are nearby and usually up for me dropping in.

I also wish I could break down some of my vouchers. I'm all out of any less than $75 which were especially useful for bringing total price close to $100.

Finally, it was through this promo that I discovered the Amex Plat will reimburse for tickets beyond $100, up to, say, $125 or so. My DH's Amex Plat bill is pretty funny... Almost entirely Delta purchases with a global entry reimbursement thrown in for good measure.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: All of em...
I didn't qualify, and I have 6 AMEX cards including the pers & biz gold cards.
Oh well.

For those looking for Delta $100 flights, there's direct flights from Chicago to NYC roundtrip for like $110...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.