Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX/Priority Pass Lounge Access in IAH after 9/30?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
AMEX/Priority Pass Lounge Access in IAH after 9/30?

Given the upcoming changes of the relationship between CO/UA and AMEX, there will not be Priority Pass lounge access in IAH (Houston Intercontinental) after 9/30. Does anyone know if Priority Pass will work with any of other airline lounges to provide some access at this airport?.

Somewhat similar situation (not quite the same) will occur in ATL if you are not flying a DL flight. Again, will Priority Pass add any other local lounges in order to provide lounge access at these major airports?

Any feedback appreciated.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
I haven't heard anything, but am also interested to know what is going to happen. I fly to CLE quite a bit to and am going to miss the CO lounge access there.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:25 pm

There is no Priority Pass lounges at IAH and CLE after 9/30/2011 if your Priority Pass Membesrhip card is a SELECT one.

These threads are actively discussing Priority Pass Select:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...embership.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ss-select.html

Last edited by mia; Jul 21, 2011 at 2:02 pm Reason: Combine two consecutive replies
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:54 pm

Does UA/CO allow you to buy day passes to their lounge? -Sam
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by cirrussk
Does UA/CO allow you to buy day passes to their lounge? -Sam
Yes. http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...nge/rates.aspx
Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
There is no Priority Pass lounges at IAH and CLE after 9/30/2011 if your Priority Pass Membesrhip card is a SELECT one.
We know there will be no access to CO/UA lounges at these airports with Priority Pass Select, the question is whether Priority Pass will do something about it (i.e. enter into some kind of agreement with contractor/other airlines' lounges to provide this service) or not.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:13 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Flyer IAH
...(i.e. enter into some kind of agreement with contractor/other airlines' lounges to provide this service) or not.
There doesn't seem to be any lounge that PriorityPass could contract with in terminals A, B, C, and E, where the IAH website lists only CO lounges.

In Terminal D there are BA, KL and an independent "Executive" lounge. Is Terminal D convenient for CO/UA fliers?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
There doesn't seem to be any lounge that PriorityPass could contract with in terminals A, B, C, and E, where the IAH website lists only CO lounges.

In Terminal D there are BA, KL and an independent "Executive" lounge. Is Terminal D convenient for CO/UA fliers?
Maybe not the best option, but at least it would be an option. It beats not having one.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Flyer IAH
It beats not having one.
Really? Doesn't seem like it beats it by much to me and not sure it's worth PP's time/money to provide that solution.

Regards
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:00 pm

No "D" is not. This United merger has been just bad all the way around. Lose lounge access in SAT & IAH, no more CO or UA flights for me, except to spend my miles and then that it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.