Community
Wiki Posts
Search

transfer 50% bonus .. Delta or BA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

transfer 50% bonus .. Delta or BA?

I have over 150K membership reward points that I want to transfer using the 50% bonus specials going on right now but i can't decide which one has better value for me

i am based in washington DC (fly out of DCA, IAD and occassionally BWI) .. lots of domestic but also some international (europe/asia/india) .. over the years i've mostly flown UA/Star Alliance flights

but I do also fly AA/Delta and their alliances .. just not as much. what's a better value? I'm concerned about BA high surcharges for international travel, and Delta's generally low availability

does anyone know if MR intends big bonuses for US/Cont/AC? if so I might as well hold out
Old Jun 19, 2011, 3:00 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by apuraja
does anyone know if MR intends big bonuses for US/Cont/AC? if so I might as well hold out
US Airways is not a Membership Rewards transfer partner. I would be astonished if there is a bonus for transfers to CO before they leave the program. CO wants you to do business with Chase, and American Express wants you to fly their loyal partners Delta and British Airways.

Bonuses for transfers to AC are infrequent.

You may find this discussion helpful, even though some of the particulars are different:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...al-travel.html
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
If you plan to fly to SE Asia and don't mind trekking up to JFK, transfer miles to BA. You can use BA miles to fly on CX to HKG and beyond. Award availability is generous in all classes of service. In addition there'll be 4x daily departures to HKG! The fuel surcharges are low, around $50-$75. You should have second thoughts if you wish to use the miles to Europe flying BA, AA, or IB, as the fuel surcharges will be between $250-$400 each way.

I'd avoid transferring miles to DL if I were you, unless you know the specific dates you want to travel and the mileage being asked for is reasonable to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.