Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
USA Platinum cardholders reported $100, $200 and $500 versions of a peremptory retention offer:
You will receive up to $X00 in statement credits toward American Airlines and US Airways incidental fees charged to your Card from March 22, 2014 to December 31, 2014....These statement credits are in addition to the $200 Airline Fee Credit2 benefit already included in your Membership
Most US lounges, and some AA lounges, had also accepted Priority Pass. Priority Pass access ended on 3.22.2014. See post 649.

As a result of the recently announced merger between American Airlines and US Airways, we have been informed by both lounge partners that they’ve unfortunately chosen to no longer participate in the Priority Pass lounge access program effective March 22, 2014.
Print Wikipost

AA/US lounge access going away March 22, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Aaron01
If it's tied to anything it's probably like most things with AMEX, total annual spend...
I know for sure this wasn't my case. Maybe, just maybe I did 15K on it since July 2013, thats when I got it. I do have "member since 96" written on it thou. Who knows what kind of algorithm they used.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 10:35 am

Has anyone used the benefits ($100, $200, $500) to buy AA gift cards and got the credit?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by Rus925
Had you used to to enter an AC in 2013?
Yes, I would estimate I used it 35<n<50 times in 2013

Edit: Rep I spoke with said that the extra $100 credit applies to all cards as a new (replacement) benefit. Said the >$100 credits were from the marketing department and depended on "usage of the card"

Last edited by Aaron01; Mar 26, 2014 at 12:04 pm
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dingalpha
Has anyone used the benefits ($100, $200, $500) to buy AA gift cards and got the credit?
Yes. Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-aa-only.html
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:00 pm

Yes, I would estimate I used it 35<n<50 times in 2013

Edit: Rep I spoke with said that the extra $100 credit applies to all cards as a new (replacement) benefit. Said the >$100 credits were from the marketing department and depended on "usage of the card"
Would this imply that AMEX is planning to eventually increase the annual benefit to $300 ?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by steve4
Would this imply that AMEX is planning to eventually increase the annual benefit to $300 ?
It means only that they will give $100 to any cardholder who asks this year.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by steve4
Originally Posted by mia
It means only that they will give $100 to any cardholder who asks this year.
I think that's probably true. The rep I spoke with didn't seem all that well-informed.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
I think it's more random than that. I've used mine more than 3 times in a single day and have averaged at least 15 swipes in ACs over the past several years and I was offered no compesation.
If it's tied to anything it's probably like most things with AMEX, total annual spend...

I'll see if they offer me anything if I inquire, but I really doubt it. I'm honestly still waiting to see if they replace the lost benefit with anything....
15 visit over, say, 3 years is nothing. People were swiping that card 15 times in a week.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:23 pm

Specifically, anyone exhausted their $200 incidental on United Airlines this year and recently got the $200 credit for AA gift cards?
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
15 visit over, say, 3 years is nothing. People were swiping that card 15 times in a week.
No, I mean at a minimum of 15 vists a year for each of the last 3 years. With 2013 getting more than the average. I know I'm not the heaviest user and don't expect the $500 credit, but it seems a little strange when you see people who have only swiped a handful (comparatively) of times getting a credit, but whatever, "thems the breaks"
Old Mar 31, 2014, 8:16 pm

Do Latin American Amex Plat card holders still have access to the AC lounges?

I'm probably grasping at straws here big time, but I have a Latin American Plat card and the website still lists the Admirals Club access as a benefit --> http://www.americanexpress.com/lacid...plounges.shtml

Could Latin American cardholders still have AC access? I called to get clarification from amex but the reps seemed clueless, one didn't seem to know what the Admirals Club was and the other said that i could use my priority pass for access.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:12 am

Free AC daypasses for Amex Plat Cardholders during the month of April:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ess-april.html
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:03 pm

Still no luck

I've been emailing Amex back and forth for a few weeks now. Still no luck in getting them to grant me even a partial additional benefit. Does anyone have a script that has been effective in getting the benefit granted?
Here is what I'm going with next. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you so much for your prompt response to my message. It has become apparent to me, that discrimination in the provision of the additional "$500 in statement credits toward American Airlines and US Airways incidental fees" benefit is occurring. It remains unclear to me why bias for this benefit exists between Platinum card members. I respectfully request that American Express reconsider my request and apply this benefit to my account.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by djnightside
I've been emailing Amex back and forth for a few weeks now. Still no luck in getting them to grant me even a partial additional benefit. Does anyone have a script that has been effective in getting the benefit granted?
Here is what I'm going with next. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you so much for your prompt response to my message. It has become apparent to me, that discrimination in the provision of the additional "$500 in statement credits toward American Airlines and US Airways incidental fees" benefit is occurring. It remains unclear to me why bias for this benefit exists between Platinum card members. I respectfully request that American Express reconsider my request and apply this benefit to my account.
maybe it depends on who you talk to. It was easy for me when i called in. YMMV
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:40 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Has anyone actually had a credit post for purchasing an Admiral's Club membership? I purchased a membership via the AA website on March 22nd and am still waiting for the credit to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.