Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex PERSONAL platinum 100k mr point sign-up bonus

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Called, and no luck, The agent said it was target to people with special criteria she could not share. Then asked if I applied in feb and I said yes, she said it was for April applications...BS!
Old May 5, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
well...GREAT NEWS! I called in to try my luck again and got a wonderful rep who did some research and was able to extend me the "Better offer Bonus" of 100,000 MR points. She did tell me she saw a note in my file from this morning saying that i was not qualified, but upon further digging she said that i indeed qualify for the 100K bonus and it has been noted in my account.

i haven't quite reached my 1K spend yet, but once i do she said the 50K will post first and then the second half will post 4-6 weeks after, if they don't post I should call back and there will be a note in there indicating i should receive the points. TERRIFIC!!

This was after I called in this morning and after receiving a denial email. so keep trying!!!
Old May 5, 2011, 10:14 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medalion, American Express Platinum
All I can say is Thanks Flyer Talk!! I got my Platinum card in November with the 50k bonus. I just called in to customer service and said I found out from a friend that there was a 100K bonus offer. I gave them the offer code#3882. She thanked me for being prepared and put me on hold. Within 5 minutes she came back and said the points would post to my account within ten minutes. I logged onto my account and they were there. I was so happy!! The American Express Platinum just keeps getting better!! Thanks andysiz for this thread, I thought it was to good to be true!
Old May 5, 2011, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
i also was able to get the points however it took two tries. The first call with a supervisor still resulted in no points. They said the promo ended in January. I then called again and asked for a supervisor directly. He granted the points in less than 5 minutes.
Old May 6, 2011, 1:48 am

Programs: AA Plat, FB Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Targeted

It was targeted so they announced they will take away the points who did not apply during those period. crossing my fingers
Old May 6, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IC Platinum, National Exec Elite
I read thepointsguy.com daily and saw the post for a possible extra 50K MR. I called in, explained about the other offer and 15 minutes later I had 50K MR. THANK YOU POINTS GUY!! Keep doing what you do!
Old May 6, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
I received 75k MR points

Thanks AMEX! Thanks Flyer Talk! Thanks Points Guy! I’ve been a long time AMEX member, but just got the Plat card last fall under a 25K offer. I called AMEX this morning after reading this thread and The Points Guy's post. AMEX was very friendly as usual and agreed to give me the difference of 75k MR points just for asking and being a good customer. The points were in my account before I hung up! I have cards with all the major banks and AMEX has by far the best customer service, especially for the Plat cardmembers.

Old May 6, 2011, 8:08 am

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
Originally Posted by getngc
It was targeted so they announced they will take away the points who did not apply during those period. crossing my fingers
they announced? where? do you have a link or something?
Old May 6, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by kethee
I signed up for platinum in March for the 50K (never had one before). I emailed MR about the 100K and they said it was a targeted offer and I shouldn't have even gotten the 50K since I applied for the Plat through an existing account vs a new application, but she let me have the 50K as a courtesy. I will try calling next...

Ok - I just called, and they said Offer ID: 3882 was only valid for until 2/17
No luck with me calling. They said bonus ID 3882 was only valid for until November, 2010. Huh? Going to call again.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:14 am

Has anyone who applied recently (I applied 4/29) gotten this extra offer credited???
Old May 6, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by trcress
I read thepointsguy.com daily and saw the post for a possible extra 50K MR. I called in, explained about the other offer and 15 minutes later I had 50K MR. THANK YOU POINTS GUY!! Keep doing what you do!
Same! +1
Old May 6, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by amiras
I called the number on the back of the card, entered my cc number when asked, said "membership rewards" and then "agent".
Exactly what I did
Old May 6, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: DL Plat
just sent a secure message into AMEX, but it sounds like people are having more success (coupled with immediacy) by calling. Will have to call today and let them know that I AM actually a first time cardholder, but didn't have time to apply as I was traveling on business. Hopefully it works! Appreciate the support and help
Old May 6, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
i think the biggest issue i have with this is the agents giving random dates associated with this. we've heard November, January, Feb 17 (apparently the real cutoff), and late March. it's ridiculous we have all called on this and been given 4 different dates. obviously i'm disappointed with striking out 4 times, but if they had all told me the same reasoning, then i wouldn't have a care
Old May 6, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
also to note, when i was speaking to the rep last night, she said that there are numerous offers for the 100K sign up bonus. For example, the first one she found expired sometime in 2010. This could explain why everyone is getting different dates of expiration for the 100K deal. Just have to find the agent that is willing to dig around a little. Took me all of 3 tries, but it was worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.