Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR - London NYC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by YClass
Careful what you wish for - Blackstone are thinking about raising prices. They are huge and well appointed rooms. As you say, the best amenity is the gym followed by Quintessentially as the concierge. The bar can have a decent vibe on a good night. Otherwise not much else going on.

Pound for pound I maintain it as best mid-town hotel. Sub-400 I always stay there, I'd probably consider up to $500, but any more and I'll move. If no need to be in midtown I always stay at Gramercy Park Hotel which has had great Amex rates in recent years.
What rates have you been seeing at Gramercy Park Hotel?

I have moved my business from this hotel to Andaz 5th ave and Andaz Wall Street. Generally much cheaper rates, plus as a Diamond I get a full breakfast. Also, I like room decor better at Andaz poperties.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Recently they have been a bit higher in the 6-700 range (so I tend to avoid). But I stayed there a year ago for <450 range IIRC. With full FHR benefits. London was around the same, if not more, at the time.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL-FO, SPG-Gold, HH-Dia, IHG Spire Elite IC
Would the rooms accomodate 2 adults/1 child? FHR will let me book it that way, but I'd prefer not getting a rollaway, and can't discern if the sofa would work for sleeping arrangements.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by marlowe
Would the rooms accomodate 2 adults/1 child? FHR will let me book it that way, but I'd prefer not getting a rollaway, and can't discern if the sofa would work for sleeping arrangements.
You will need a rollaway bed. There is no sofa there. there is a couch, but it is a contemporary one and not made for sleeping
Old Mar 9, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL-FO, SPG-Gold, HH-Dia, IHG Spire Elite IC
Thanks. That's what it looked like to me, but I wanted to be sure.
Old May 23, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
So just to be clear on some things:

Only upgrade chances (from the normal London Suite) is to a Vista Suite? (if this is not available, does it go to the next category? or stays at London Suite?)
And, the difference between these two is the view?? ($150 difference between the two on the dates im staying)
Also, we'll be booking two rooms for 5 nights. Do you think this narrows the chances of upgrade?
Old May 24, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by tuchop
So just to be clear on some things:

Only upgrade chances (from the normal London Suite) is to a Vista Suite? (if this is not available, does it go to the next category? or stays at London Suite?)
And, the difference between these two is the view?? ($150 difference between the two on the dates im staying)
Also, we'll be booking two rooms for 5 nights. Do you think this narrows the chances of upgrade?
The upgrade is simply a higher room with better view. As far as I can tell the amenities are the same. I wouldn't pay for the better view personally.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Staying at this hotel in a couple weeks through FHR -- what is the included daily breakfast option at this hotel? Specific items or set amount bill credit?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by mh4ll
Staying at this hotel in a couple weeks through FHR -- what is the included daily breakfast option at this hotel? Specific items or set amount bill credit?
You get the continental (cold) breakfast and regular Coffee (Cappuccino was charged one breakfast and wasn't the next day, so I dunno where they stand on this). Menu items are not included. They give you coupons when you check in, valid for what I mentioned.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by tuchop
You get the continental (cold) breakfast and regular Coffee (Cappuccino was charged one breakfast and wasn't the next day, so I dunno where they stand on this). Menu items are not included. They give you coupons when you check in, valid for what I mentioned.
Thanks for the info! Anyone have experience here requesting that the value of the cold breakfast be applied towards to purchase of hot items on the menu? I've found most hotels will do this, some will not...
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:23 am

Just to clarify, from the menu, I see
CONTINENTAL PLATE $24
seasonal fruit, selection of pastries,
fresh juice, coffee
which I assume is what the voucher is for. I'm wondering whether the hotel will let me pay the $15 difference to upgrade to the buffet...
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
which I assume is what the voucher is for. I'm wondering whether the hotel will let me pay the $15 difference to upgrade to the buffet...
I wonder if you can use the $100 food credit to cover the upgrade as well.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:49 pm

Thanks for the info! Anyone have experience here requesting that the value of the cold breakfast be applied towards to purchase of hot items on the menu? I've found most hotels will do this, some will not...
When I was there around Christmas, the next table ordered regular breakfast and handed them the coupons with the bill. The waiter said they didn't normally apply, but he came back and credited them. So I assume YMMV.

I had the buffet - included in the FHR breakfast - which included hot items. It was Dec. 26 so I don't know if they normally have a buffet.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Just wanted to follow up - just spent the past weekend at the London NYC and enjoyed the hotel. The coupons for breakfast are now for a full buffet ($39 on the menu) and the buffet includes both hot and cold items (just as eggs, bacon, and sausage, as well as fruits, pastries, and yogurt).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.