Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR - London NYC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold, Emerald Exec, DL Gold Medallion
FHR - London NYC

Hello all,

Getting married on a couple of weeks and booked a couple of nights at London NYC through the FHR program since our European Honeymoon is this summer. Does anyone have anything to say about the hotel and if so was it tough getting the room upgrade?
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
FYI theres a specific thread for FHR, but just to help you out here:

Last time I stayed they just upgraded from the normal London Suite to a London Vista Suite - beautiful, somewhat lopsided view of Central Park, but there are only 8-10? suites per floor, plenty quiet for me - I thought it was great.

The rooms are already full suites with french doors separating the bedroom and living room. Bathroom is quite large for NYC standards, very modern. So any upgrade you get, the next level just gives you a view - I don't know if you can count on the sky suites and up.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Agree, most likely your upgrade would only involve a better view as all rooms are suites. Even basic room is pretty nice. I like the hotel.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Upgraded several levels from the basic suite upon checkin, very high floor with great view of the park and hudson river.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by mlad1101
Agree, most likely your upgrade would only involve a better view as all rooms are suites. Even basic room is pretty nice. I like the hotel.
Have stayed at this property over 10 times in the past 5 years mainly under FHR and only have been upgraded once. Might be because my travel have been during their pick tie and they were pretty booked.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:55 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Trust me - if you've never been there, you'll love it. The rooms are ALL suites - beautiful and roomy. If you're not happy with them, well, you might not be happy anywhere! Great bathrooms and you'll get a wonderful free breakfast.

Congrats and enjoy your time there. Great hotel and great location Be sure to go a block east and check out the Museum of Modern Art.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stevens397
If you're not happy with them, well, you might not be happy anywhere!
Well, let's not get crazy...

I quite like this property and in fact, were about to have another stay there in late April, but I'm not sure I'd go so far as saying "if you're not happy with them, well you might not be happy anywhere" In my opinion, "anywhere" is a pretty large category.

My only real beef with this property is the dang lowback couch. We watched a movie one night in the room and that couch is just awful.

Additionally, though they have flat panel TVs, they struck me as quite small for this class of property.

But again, enjoy the property, and for NYC, pretty good value generally speaking.

Regards
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold, Emerald Exec, DL Gold Medallion
Thank you all for the great feedback as always!! Sounds like London NYC is an all around good deal at the very least which I was hoping for.

PS - I'll look to put inquirles like this in the FHR section from now on.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Pound for pound a great (in my view the best) hotel in mid-town (if not NYC for business or tourism). Get in there before Blackstone increase the rates (they spent so much on the refurb)! The bar is nice, albeit small, Quintessentially as concierge is decent, Gordon's restaurant is fine but there are much better places to eat in NYC. The rooms are fantastic size for NY esp for the price (all suites), good showers, great beds, proper blackout electric blinds, solid internet connection, and the gym is perfect (one of the better hotel gyms). Like others said, upgrades are usually just for the view and high floor, and amenity is normally tea for two IIRC.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

London NYC FHR suite upgrade type?

only upgrade in contract is london > vista?

(title by mod)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 1, 2011 at 6:34 pm
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:47 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
My favourite place to stay in NYC - great rooms and service.

You get an upgrade to a higherfloor usually with a better view. Rooms are the same AFAIK.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
To be honest, all rooms are suites and I've never had a room here I was disappointed with.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

im not a base room person, and if there are no upgrades, that removes the biggest value added of FHR.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 1, 2011 at 12:57 pm
Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
im not a base room person, and if there are no upgrades, that removes the biggest value added of FHR.
Then I would likely suggest not staying here bc, I believe the most common upgrade will involve solely views. Although I can tell you that the standard room(suite) here, will likely be larger than/same size as any room you are upgraded to in another NYC property, unless are booking a large suite to begin with.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i just didnt recall running into a 1 upgrade property outside of vegas. kind of a bummer.

i guess i might still just book the atrium with 4pm checkout, but it seems ridiculous to me for FHR to allow only 1 upgrade.

562 rooms

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 1, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.