Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InSite from American Express [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by eknock007
I too contacted AMEX via SM and was given 10,000 points. Told them that I had downloaded and installed InSite sometime in May. I too was not targeted. I had to uninstalled it because it was causing my browsers to crash. Even contacted tech support about it. Then recently I downloaded InSite again and was given a $10 credit for shopping at Barnes and Noble. Uninstalled it again because it was still causing my browsers to crash.
That is the key, I believe. I am assuming you actually downloaded an logged into Amex using InSite in May?

I think they are able to track it, and for most people who downloaded and installed it back in May or whenever the promo was applicable, it should work.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Smile

Whoa!!!! So after AMEX denied giving me the 10K bonus points, I sent another message to them complaining, saying I had a friend that got the bonus even though he got a message saying the promo was over but as a one-time exception here is 10K bonus points. I downloaded the InSite this past week but said I didn't know that the promo was over.

I send that and the wondering why AMEX was so inconsistent with their promos wondering if I needed to spend more to get more preferential treatment. Saying I was confused and wished they were consistent with all Platinum members. Got the below response:

Dear XXX XXXXX,

I truly understand stand your concern regarding this matter.

I have gone ahead and issued 10,000 points to your account for downloading inSite.

Currently you have XXX,XXX available points and XXX pending points.

I hope I have met your expectations with this email.

We value the relationship built with you and we look forward to provide you excellent customer service that you truly deserve.

Have a great day
My advice if they denied you the 1st time send them another PM complaining about consistency and you may get the points!!!!
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by canesfan
Whoa!!!! So after AMEX denied giving me the 10K bonus points, I sent another message to them complaining, saying I had a friend that got the bonus even though he got a message saying the promo was over but as a one-time exception here is 10K bonus points. I downloaded the InSite this past week but said I didn't know that the promo was over.

I send that and the wondering why AMEX was so inconsistent with their promos wondering if I needed to spend more to get more preferential treatment. Saying I was confused and wished they were consistent with all Platinum members. Got the below response:

My advice if they denied you the 1st time send them another PM complaining about consistency and you may get the points!!!!
Thanks canesfan. I tried the same asking for an exception, and it worked. ^
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: CO, DL, SW, SPG, CapitalOne Venture
This is still alive! I was able to get it for two accounts in the past 24 hours.

Download the toolbar and send a SM. Make sure to include Bonus ID 6549
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:59 pm

Insite - 10,000 MR points! Alive!

I'm well aware that the [moderator edit] thread[/URL] already exists, but I woudn't have seen it unless I searched for it.

Many people, including myself, are still getting the 10k bonus when sending a SM to American Expresss.

First, download the Insite toolbar and link it to your account by signing in. Then, send a SM to AmEx referencing Bonus ID 6549.

Good Luck!

P.S., if necessary, delete this thread and move the other one into miles buzz.

Last edited by mia; Aug 15, 2011 at 2:50 pm Reason: Remove circular link after merge.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FTnoob101
I'm well aware that the thread already exists, but I woudn't have seen it unless I searched for it.

Many people, including myself, are still getting the 10k bonus when sending a SM to American Expresss.

First, download the Insite toolbar and link it to your account by signing in. Then, send a SM to AmEx referencing Bonus ID 6549.

Good Luck!

P.S., if necessary, delete this thread and move the other one into miles buzz.
Who did you send the message to - Amex or MR?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mnscout
MR is AMEX's rewards program. Send a secure message and route it under membership rewards.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:37 pm

I sent my message to General Inquiries under my amex MR card
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
I sent my message to General Inquiries under my amex MR card
Did you do that for both of your cards at the same time? I have lots of Amex cards from Blue to Starwood to Gold Biz to Plat. Which ones do you think I should try?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:48 pm

6-12 weeks

I installed and called. I gave the 6549 ID and they said it was still active. The CSR said it would take 6-12 weeks to credit....

Let's hope I haven't forgotten about it by then...

Best CSRs out there.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by silver-tls
MR is AMEX's rewards program. Send a secure message and route it under membership rewards.
Did you do that for both of your cards at the same time? I have lots of Amex cards from Blue to Starwood to Gold Biz to Plat. Which ones do you think I should try?
I believe this is just for the AmEx Membership Rewards program so Starwood wouldn't apply. I have cards under my parents and they both have the Preffered Gold Personal. A friend of mine did it with the Platinum and also received it. It seems like it's for any card that earns MR.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:57 pm

You can always send a SM and say that you want to take advantage of the Delta 50% bonus transfer and ask if it is possible for them to issue them right away. 9/10 times they will just issue the points.

Mine posted within' 10 minutes of receiving confirmation.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:09 pm

I believe this is just for the AmEx Membership Rewards program so Starwood wouldn't apply. I have cards under my parents and they both have the Preffered Gold Personal. A friend of mine did it with the Platinum and also received it. It seems like it's for any card that earns MR.
Thanks again.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:35 pm

My luck is not as good.

Call 1: CSR said no dice.
Call 2: CSR made a note and said to call back in 10 weeks and we could talk about it then, since I wasn't targetted. (maybe I spend too much? I runabout $3k/month through it).

I'll try a SM and see if that works.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
installed and sent a secure message....will see what they say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.