FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   InSite from American Express [Merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1163276-insite-american-express-merged.html)

mia Dec 22, 2010 6:34 pm

InSite from American Express [Merged]

A browser add-on apparently designed to notify you when searching for an item which can be purchased from a Bonus Points Mall merchant, without the need to navigate through the portal, and also serves discount offers (which means cards that do not participate in Membership Rewards may also benefit).

https://www.bonuspointsmall.com/insi...d_benefits.htm

Inasmuch as Bonus Points Mall is limited to USA-issued cards I assume this program will also not accept cards issued in other markets.

Sounds very similar to the browser toolbar offered by the American Airlines AAdvantage shopping portal.

HWGeeks Dec 22, 2010 7:15 pm

its similar to other tool bars but its not as anoying and doesn't clutter your tool bar as others do. I have been using it a few months and its helped me rack up points.

miketravelparty Apr 18, 2011 9:32 am

10K MR points for downloading InSite

I just got this promotion in the mail and wanted to know if anyone else has this? I called customer support and they told me they don't know anything about it.

Say hello to inSiteSM from American Express, the online shopping tool that's only available to Cardmembers.1 It automatically brings you bonus points, savings, or free shipping while you shop, so it's an effortless way to get more from your Cardmembership. And if you download inSiteSM before May 31, you can get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points
— a $100 value with many of our partners.2

FlyMeToTheLooneyBin Apr 18, 2011 10:01 am

Originally Posted by vianzonparty (Post 16238110)
I just got this promotion in the mail and wanted to know if anyone else has this? I called customer support and they told me they don't know anything about it.

Say hello to inSiteSM from American Express, the online shopping tool that's only available to Cardmembers.1 It automatically brings you bonus points, savings, or free shipping while you shop, so it's an effortless way to get more from your Cardmembership. And if you download inSiteSM before May 31, you can get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points
— a $100 value with many of our partners.2

I've seen the InSite ads on the Amex page, but haven't received any offer.

Aaron01 Apr 18, 2011 11:07 am

Originally Posted by vianzonparty (Post 16238110)
And if you download inSiteSM before May 31, you can get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points

So what is required to get the points?

mia Apr 18, 2011 11:16 am

As is usual, there is more than one version of this offer. The 2,500 point version (Bonus ID 6550) is discussed here:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1090569/

What is the Bonus ID for the 10,000 point version?

If you contact American Express customer service and "describe" an offer they will know nothing. If you mention the Bonus ID they should be able to answer your questions.

miketravelparty Apr 18, 2011 2:38 pm

I called Amex and gave them the bonusID and they didnt' know what I was talking about. I told them the bonusID was 6549.

mia Apr 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Brief previous discussion of the product (but not the promotion) is here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...n-express.html

geoffk Apr 18, 2011 4:47 pm

I got an email yesterday about downloading it, but no mention at all about points..

bluto Apr 19, 2011 1:21 am

it's targeted

I got this 10k offer, too. I was going to post it but I noticed it's targeted.

See text:

"This offer is good for solicited consumer American Express® Cardmembers who sign up for inSite at insite.americanexpress.com by May 31, 2011. To earn bonus points, you must have an eligible, enrolled consumer American Express Card, you must be solicited for this offer, you must sign up for inSite by May 31, 2011, and you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program when you sign up for inSite."

miketravelparty Apr 19, 2011 10:32 am

I finally got more input into the bonus. You have to use the software and buy an item to recieve 5000 points. Buy another item and recieve another 5000 points. There is no amount limit to spend and you can buy two items one after the other.

krpjr Apr 19, 2011 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by vianzonparty (Post 16244759)
I finally got more input into the bonus. You have to use the software and buy an item to recieve 5000 points. Buy another item and recieve another 5000 points. There is no amount limit to spend and you can buy two items one after the other.

How do we sign up for this offer? Or do we have to be solicited?

With mothers day coming up and all, it'll be easy to make 2 purchases :D

mia Apr 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by vianzonparty (Post 16244759)
I finally got more input into the bonus.

Were these details not included in footnote 2 of the written offer?

Bucko Apr 19, 2011 4:27 pm

My offer was for 5k points

Text from my offer:

Say hello to inSiteSM from American Express, the online shopping tool that's only available to Cardmembers.1 It automatically brings you bonus points, savings, or free shipping while you shop, so it's an effortless way to get more from your Cardmembership. And if you download inSiteSM before May 31, you can get 5,000 Membership Rewards® points — a $50 value with many of our partners.2

SEE OFFERS WHILE YOU SEARCH OR SHOP
CLICK TO GET THE DEAL
USE YOUR AMERICAN EXPRESS® CARD

miketravelparty Apr 19, 2011 7:46 pm

It didn't say it in the foot notes where the bonus id is usually listed, ie t&C. It's ok, cause CS told me what the deal was about.