Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Good deal? Food&Wine mag + $100 dining dough + $2.99 fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Is this a good deal? Dining dough looks like something from restaurant.com

From an Amex email:

You can't put a value on quality time with your family. You can make it easier to get with a $100 Restaurant Certificate. When you try FOOD & WINE Magazine, you'll get 2 free issues and a $100 Restaurant Certificate (you pay a one-time $2.99 processing fee.) If satisfied, you will continue to receive FOOD & WINE, the magazine for people who are passionate about cooking and eating well. Learn more.

With your FOOD & WINE Magazines you can also enjoy quality cooking at home. Your free issues have easy-to-follow recipes you and your family can share.

Your $100 Restaurant Certificate is easy to use.

• redeemable at www.diningdough.com
• choose from over 16,000 restaurants
• print your voucher at home and head out

Reply today to take advantage of this exclusive offer for Cardmembers
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Dining Dough certs can basically be used at a near-identical-to-restaurant.com website to purchase $100 in certificates. On restaurant.com, with the often run 80% promotions, this would cost you $8 (each cert for $25 is sold for $10, which after 80% off is $2 each*4). So, it's not as great a deal as it would seem, although you are still getting $8 (plus whatever you value 2 issues of Food&Wine mag at) for $2.99.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks. I still have a stack of unread magazines and even a few restaurant.com certificates that I need to redeem. So will pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.