Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25k Premier Gold Bonus/$1k spend/no fee

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2010, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

25k Premier Gold Bonus/$1k spend/no fee

Frugaltravel guy has posted a new offer for the premier gold, with 25k bonus on a $1k spend and no annual fee for the first year. Unlike some of the recent offers, this one has the restrictive language: Offer not available to existing consumer American Express Charge Cardmembers.

I cancelled my Amex gold rewards card last week, hoping that a no annual fee premier offer would come up and this one looks good. But, I do have a business gold card. My hunch is the word "consumer" in the terms and conditions means that business cards don't disqualify you from the offer. Does anyone know for sure?

Link: http://frugaltravelguy.blogspot.com/
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:34 pm
Original Member

It's on my website below, too (near the bottom of the Annual Fee Cards page). The way Amex presented this to us, the offer is "special" to those of us marketing its credit cards. Thus my violation of the rules of this forum, since the only way to get this offer may be via us marketers. I would be interested to see if the offer is generally available to everyone, perhaps through the Amex website. If it is, I will delete this post.

This is a very easy way to earn miles for Continental, Delta, or many other airlines, or points for a few hotel chains. See the beginning of my writeup on American Express cards near the bottom of my Annual Fee Cards page to see to which programs the points will convert. Note that seekers of United Airlines miles should convert these free points to Continental Airlines miles (by September 30, 2011), as the two airlines will be fully merged by then.

Grab this one while you can.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pgary
It's on my website below, too (near the bottom of the Annual Fee Cards page). The way Amex presented this to us, the offer is "special" to those of us marketing its credit cards.
Thanks for posting. That's interesting. I wasn't intending to violate the terms of FT. I just saw it on frugaltravelguy and figured it was an offer worth discussing here.

Do you have any insight on the question -- whether the word "consumer" in the terms and conditions permits those of us with the business gold to get the bonus?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:39 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by lkar
Do you have any insight on the question -- whether the word "consumer" in the terms and conditions permits those of us with the business gold to get the bonus?
I think you should be able to get both, provided you don't have too many Amex cards total. I am told the limit is 3 at any time, but have no way of verifying this.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:42 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
The question of how many AMEX cards has come up in other threads. Many people have reported having more than 3 cards, some people many more. YMMV
Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:39 pm

I don't know whether they're really strict in terms of previous cardholders, but I'm waiting to close on my refinance before (possibly) applying for the Premier Gold (consumer/not business) card with annual fee waived for the first year.

It's a targeted offer, and Amex is offering me 50K in membership points with $500 spend in 3 months. It seems like a good deal, but I have a number of credit cards to manage already and I'm hesitant to open another one. I'm still thinking about it.

Maybe wait for a targeted offer?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:23 pm

I am currently an authorized user on DH's consumer Premier Rewards Gold card. If I were to apply for my own card, would I be eligible to participate in the 25000 MR point offer, or would I be considered an "existing Amex charge cardmember"?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:55 am

Anyone have luck applying for the 25k bonus? When I click through the link to the actual application, it says 10000 after first purchase and 15k when you spend $30k per year.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 4:07 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by mmax1
Anyone have luck applying for the 25k bonus? When I click through the link to the actual application, it says 10000 after first purchase and 15k when you spend $30k per year.
You are not alone. The problem is cookies, which are telling your machine that you already have an Amex card, or maybe this specific card. The solution is to delete cookies and clear your cache, or use a different browser, or maybe a different computer.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:52 pm

I applied for the card, but then today came home and found another invitation from Amex in the mail for the same Premier rewards gold card but for 50,000 bonus points after $500 spend in the first 3 months, and another 15,000 after $30,000 spend in the first year. It was targeted, came with invite/RSVP code.
I called amex to try and cancel the first application card, but they said i have to wait for it to come in the mail. Would it be possible to activate the first card, reach the spend, get the points and then cancel within 1 month to apply for the second offer?
Old Sep 29, 2010, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

You are not alone. The problem is cookies, which are telling your machine that you already have an Amex card, or maybe this specific card. The solution is to delete cookies and clear your cache, or use a different browser, or maybe a different computer.
Logging out, clearing cache, and cookies seemed to work for me. I applied today. The final screen before the last click to apply confirmed the terms, including the 25k and the no fee. I'll call to activate the card and confirm. I kept screenshots of everything, so I hope I'm ok.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 5:51 am

I've been wondering the same thing. I have an approved application in process with the 15k bonus (haven't received card yet) but would love to upgrade to 25k.

Anyone have luck increasing bonus points while the card is in process after application?
Old Sep 30, 2010, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I was looking for this. Thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; SPG GOLD; AS MileagePlan
Originally Posted by lkar
Logging out, clearing cache, and cookies seemed to work for me. I applied today. The final screen before the last click to apply confirmed the terms, including the 25k and the no fee. I'll call to activate the card and confirm. I kept screenshots of everything, so I hope I'm ok.
Darn't....I had same issue, but did it ~ Midnight, and get the lesser offer....I called them, even though the card has not arrived....They suggested the following:

1.) wait until I receive the card, call them, and See if the can ADD in the bonus miles....

2.) I told them, I have the right to cancel the card before I activate it, and then apply for the Correct offer over the phone...They said u can, but that might be another credit pull, and they might not approve me...

My score is in the High 700's, so I don't think it will be an issue...

feedback/comment??
Old Oct 3, 2010, 7:47 pm

This worked perfectly with Internet Explorer and a freshly cleared Cache & Cookies - card is on it's way! Thank you so much - finding a current 25K sign-up bonus right now has been very difficult - have been looking for several days and yours is the only one that is still current and WORKS!

It's on my website below, too (near the bottom of the Annual Fee Cards page). The way Amex presented this to us, the offer is "special" to those of us marketing its credit cards. Thus my violation of the rules of this forum, since the only way to get this offer may be via us marketers. I would be interested to see if the offer is generally available to everyone, perhaps through the Amex website. If it is, I will delete this post.

This is a very easy way to earn miles for Continental, Delta, or many other airlines, or points for a few hotel chains. See the beginning of my writeup on American Express cards near the bottom of my Annual Fee Cards page to see to which programs the points will convert. Note that seekers of United Airlines miles should convert these free points to Continental Airlines miles (by September 30, 2011), as the two airlines will be fully merged by then.

Grab this one while you can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.