Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is There A Card Above The AMEX Centurion??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by SOhp101
Funny thing, the link provided in that "magazine" (sevenroyal.com) leads to a spam site...
Don't take every personal blog post seriously (especially not one from 2 years ago in bad English).

Google it and see that there's only one "mention" of this "card" - on the link you showed (which forwards to a spam site, yes)
Old Jul 15, 2010, 11:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It also seems improbable that Morgan Stanley would be issuing an exclusive card on the VISA network in view of the testy history between Morgan Stanley and VISA as explained here:

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleases...guiLanguage=en
Old Jul 15, 2010, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by S.Bling
Don't take every personal blog post seriously (especially not one from 2 years ago in bad English).

Google it and see that there's only one "mention" of this "card" - on the link you showed (which forwards to a spam site, yes)
Oh definitely. It reminded me of a previous post on this forum by some member that wanted someone with a Centurion card to add him as a authorized user with his own card... and he said he could show pictures of all his expensive watches as 'proof' of his wealth.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 6:57 am

Programs: FB Ivory; AF-KLM-AMEX Platinum; A|club platinum; Hertz Gold 5*
Unhappy

I had a better look on the links provided by google. Only a few sites or blogs in french and yes, bit old...
Nothing that could confirm this card does really exist.
Sorry guys for that, i will double/triple check next time before sending a post like that...
Old Jul 16, 2010, 9:51 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Well, metal Centurion cards are above those lousy plastic ones. And of course Australian Centurion cards are more exclusive than other Centurion cards because we pay a higher yearly fee.

Old Jul 16, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Well, metal Centurion cards are above those lousy plastic ones. And of course Australian Centurion cards are more exclusive than other Centurion cards because we pay a higher yearly fee.

OZ cards are near the higher-fee end (4,300 AUD or about US$3,750) but not the worst (japan takes that honor):

AFAIK there are a few at or above that mark, e.g.
- ICC = 2,800 EUR (about US$3,700)
- Singapore = 5,000 SGD (about US$3,700)
- Japan = 367,500 JPY (about US$4,250)
Old Jul 17, 2010, 2:22 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Hmm.. when I become eligible for them.. I'll get the Invisible Color changing Chameleon Unobtanium Avatar card
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent
Are people wrong here - is it possible that there is something above Centurion called Pearl? I've never heard of it before but check out this post

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11511096-post13.html

I phoned Centurion Customer Service to enquire about receiving the new card.

They informed me of the following corrections to OP's information:

* The card is not a bright-white, it is more pearl-like. They didn't want to confuse it with the old Visa Stratus card.
The unofficial name for the card is "Pearl" - but this does not appear on the card (like the Centurion)

* The added airline benefits include top tier only with JetBlue, in addition to the usual Centurion elite memberships.

* The hotel benefits does include Platinum SPG (finally), but they are removing their relationship with Priority Club also for Centurions, and as of this month IHG Group Hotels will no longer accept Amex cards at all (some merchant-fees dispute).

* Saks Fifth Avenue is a new retail partner (again) but only if you purchase $10,000 or more from Saks during a rolling 3-month period - and this does not apply to shoes, jewelry, cosmetics, or any sale-items.

* Membership Rewards do not apply to the card, and in the event that you upgrade to Pearl from Centurion, you will receive AMEX gift cards for your existing MR points, at the rate of 1MR=$0.005

* Instead, there will be no points accumulated on Pearl - instead, for each full-increment of $5,000 charged (and paid) in full each month, you will receive a $50 AMEX restaurant card.

* Upon reaching at least $100,000 in any one month - you will also receive 5% cashback from Costco during the remainder of that calendar year.

* You cannot jump from Platinum to Pearl - you must be an existing Centurion primary cardholder.

* The number of Pearl cards is not 500 - it will be capped at 495 (In a tip to the $495 annual Visa Black fee) Eligibility for the Pearl will be "exclusive to the top 1% of US Residents holiding Centurion Status, to ensure the highest level of customer service".

* You will be charged a new initiation fee of $5,000 when you change to the Pearl. The annual fee is also $5,000.

Hope this clears up some confusion...

Last edited by mia; Jul 19, 2010 at 1:13 pm Reason: Added quotation formatting
Old Jul 19, 2010, 1:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Harlem
...check out this post
I'm fairly confident that it's not a coincidence that post was dated April 1st.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent
Originally Posted by mia
I'm fairly confident that it's not a coincidence that post was dated April 1st.
One step ahead of me again Mia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.