Is There A Card Above The AMEX Centurion??

Old Jul 11, 10, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Is There A Card Above The AMEX Centurion??

My friend enlightened me today about a supposed card which is above the Centurion card otherwise known as the "Black Card."

I wanted to know if there was any truth behind this?
Old Jul 11, 10, 2:12 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
i think you will receive better replies if you mention some of the characteristics of the card that your friend described. This might help us identify the source of confusion.
Old Jul 11, 10, 3:51 am

Programs: Amex Centurion; Visa Infinite; Hertz Gold; Hilton Diamond; SPG Gold; Kempinski Private Concierge;
When the Zync Card was released , a lot of people thought that the card was above the Centurion card, because Amex changed dramatically their initial colors by adding a white one.

Maybe this is the card your friend refers on
Old Jul 11, 10, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by MrEntrepreneur View Post
My friend enlightened me today about a supposed card which is above the Centurion card otherwise known as the "Black Card."

Huh? What? The Centurion is black. That is the Black Card. Unless if he's thinking of "The Black Card" which is a visa branded product which has nowhere near the amount of amenities (or annual fee for that matter) compared to the Centurion. Plus it's backed by Barclays... I think that says more than enough.
Old Jul 12, 10, 10:42 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
It's called the Amex Invisible. It is so exclusive, it is not accepted anywhere... and no one has actually ever seen one...
Old Jul 12, 10, 1:01 pm

Before Centurion came out and when Amex had something called Centurion club card for Platinum card holders their was a card issued by a private American Express Bank in Europe that was for private banking clients. It was not a charge card that could be used just anywhere and and some unethical behavior (mistresses, character Defamation, etc) was going on at American Express at high levels.

Last edited by Centurion; Jul 12, 10 at 1:18 pm
Old Jul 12, 10, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt

Oh, did your friend mean this card?
Old Jul 12, 10, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SOhp101 View Post
Huh? What? The Centurion is black. That is the Black Card. Unless if he's thinking of "The Black Card" which is a visa branded product which has nowhere near the amount of amenities (or annual fee for that matter) compared to the Centurion. Plus it's backed by Barclays... I think that says more than enough.
Re-read what I wrote. I know the Centurion card is the black card.

Apparently there is another card which is above the black card and apparently celebs, affluent arabs and others have been rejected.
Old Jul 12, 10, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Re-read what I wrote. I know the Centurion card is the black card.
Due to ambiguous pronoun-noun relationship and punctuation it is not clear from your OP if you are suggesting there is a card, known as "the black card," that is above Centurion or if you are suggesting there is a card above the Centurion and that the Centurion is the one known as "the black card."
Old Jul 12, 10, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Due to ambiguous pronoun-noun relationship and punctuation it is not clear from your OP if you are suggesting there is a card, known as "the black card," that is above Centurion or if you are suggesting there is a card above the Centurion and that the Centurion is the one known as "the black card."
Nope, the OP's meaning is pretty clear, if read carefully:

a supposed card which is above the Centurion card otherwise known as the "Black Card."

Kudos to jarusoba for linking this thread:

Originally Posted by jarusoba View Post
Oh, did your friend mean this card?
..as this is most likely the card the OP's friend was referring to. It's not "above" the cent card - rather, the Zync card has a white-pearl finish, and it was wrongly conjectured that it might have status above the cent. It doesn't.
Old Jul 13, 10, 1:39 pm

Programs: Any and all of 'em
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
Nope, the OP's meaning is pretty clear, if read carefully
That doesn't make any sense. What you quoted has two possible (and distinct) meanings. Careful reading only makes that more obvious.
Old Jul 13, 10, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
Nope, the OP's meaning is pretty clear, if read carefully:
The OP is not correctly punctuated. The clause beginning with the word "otherwise" is not appropriately assigned to either the Centurion card or the new card. It is ambiguous. One can assume a meaning but it is not certain.
Old Jul 13, 10, 2:22 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
[Moderator interrupts...]

I think we have established that the original question was misunderstood by some respondents. Now that it has been clarified let's suspend the syntax and punctuation lesson, and try to answer the question as intended.

Does anyone have any knowledge of an American Express charge or privilege card that is more exclusive than Centurion?

[...moderator brews a cup of tea]

Last edited by mia; Jul 13, 10 at 2:30 pm
Old Jul 13, 10, 2:40 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
I move to have this thread closed for poor use of (failure to use) commas.
Old Jul 13, 10, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Ok clowns let me clear this up

I have been told that above the black card aka centurion card, there is a more exclusive card. I am not sure what it is hence the reason for the thread.

You have:

4.********
3.Centurion
2.Platinum
1.Gold

Search this Thread