Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring AMEX reward points to miles question

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Transferring AMEX reward points to miles question

From looking at promotional material, converting points to miles is unclear to me.

If I want to transfer points to a milage program, do I have to have a flight that I am booking them for, or can I just convert them to points and use the points later?

Thanks
Old May 6, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Originally Posted by hervepa
From looking at promotional material, converting points to miles is unclear to me.

If I want to transfer points to a milage program, do I have to have a flight that I am booking them for, or can I just convert them to points and use the points later?

Thanks
You do not need to be booking a flight to transfer membership rewards miles into your frequent flier account. Just "link" your airline account into your Am Ex MR account, and you can transfer miles at any time. Be aware, though, that the miles cannot be transferred back into AmEx MR, so it's generally a good idea not to transfer them until you know you are going to use them.
Old May 6, 2010, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:47 pm

FF miles transfer

My question is do you have to transfer the FF miles into your own FF account? Does Amex check to see if the account number matches my name?

Thanks,
Buddy1671
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:24 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by buddy1671
My question is do you have to transfer the FF miles into your own FF account? Does Amex check to see if the account number matches my name?

Thanks,
Buddy1671
No they do not check as of now. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.