Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO/UA merger: Airport lounge access

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2010, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Delta Gold, Cathay Pacific Diamond, SPG plat.
CO/UA merger: Airport lounge access

I have the plat card because I fly Continental and use it for the airline club. I wonder if at some point you can use the cards to get into United's clubs.
Old May 1, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: DL (MM), UA(MM) , AA(MM) , Bonvoy - LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jetboy787
I have the plat card because I fly Continental and use it for the airline club. I wonder if at some point you can use the cards to get into United's clubs.

UA offers a Chase branded card with an Annual Fee of $375 and yes it does get you into the RCC.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:11 am

Programs: DL (MM), UA(MM) , AA(MM) , Bonvoy - LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mia
Correct me if I am misinformed, but the credit card itself does not provide admission to any lounge. It's merely bundled with an annual President's Club membership which has reciprocal acceptance with UA and US clubs.
I am not sure about reciprocal acceptance to US and CO clubs. Here is a link to the chase site.

http://www.mpfamilyofcards.com/70000...aspx?CELL=6H90
Old May 2, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA, UA, HH, *wood
OP not likely because of...

Originally Posted by tullupump
UA offers a Chase branded card with an Annual Fee of $375 and yes it does get you into the RCC.
Since your yes applies to the Chase card, you should have told the OP no.
Old May 2, 2010, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
you'll know in 9 months to a year or so. that's how long it took for DL to merge clubs.

and BTW, the feds have not approved this deal yet.
Old May 30, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
I haven't seen this question anywhere yet, but if I'm flying UA where there is no RCC, can I use the Centurion lounge access program to get into the CO PC? This is in DFW, FWIW...

Last edited by brosnan6; May 30, 2010 at 2:16 pm Reason: added city
Old May 30, 2010, 2:19 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by brosnan6
...flying UA where there is no RCC, can I use the Centurion lounge access program to get into the CO PC?
Centurion does not provide you with a President's Club membership, only the right to enter the lounge when flying on CO. However, if you have a Priority Pass card and if the specific CO club location participates in Priority Pass you would be able to enter without regard to the airline you are flying.
Old May 30, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by mia
Centurion does not provide you with a President's Club membership, only the right to enter the lounge when flying on CO. However, if you have a Priority Pass card and if the specific CO club location participates in Priority Pass you would be able to enter without regard to the airline you are flying.
Right, I understand that there's no membership granted through the card. I just figured that since they're merged/in the process of merging, CO club access might be allowed through the Amex program if I'm flying UA.

And Priority Pass totally slipped my mind. Unfortunately I also just realized I never received a renewal PP card since mine expired in April. I've been entering only DL lounges (via the Amex program)this year and haven't had to pop out the PP in a while.

I guess I'll either buy a refundable ticket on CO to get into PC or slum it in the gate area...let's see how early I get to the airport tomorrow AM.
Old May 30, 2010, 2:40 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by brosnan6
...merged/in the process of merging...
Not that far along. While the boards of both companies have agreed there is the matter of government approval and then stockholder approval. I believe the first congressional hearings were last week. I would be surprised in anything changes in calendar 2010.

If you read the preceding messages in this thread there is a very real question about whether American Express will be able to provide access to lounges operated by the merged company, because they have no history with UA. It's all speculative until we know who the decision makers will be at the combined carrier. I would expect CO/UA to drop Priority Pass before they would drop American Express, but there may be pressure from Chase for CO/UA to sever all ties to American Express.

Last edited by mia; May 30, 2010 at 2:56 pm Reason: Shorter sentences
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA-LifetimePremierGold, PLT: Bonvoy, IHG, GLD: Enterprise, Budget
AXP UA RCC access with CO-UA merger ?

Since CO Presidents Club access is available to Amex Platinum cardholders, and CO-PC and UA-RCC already have some reciprocity agreements, is UA-RCC access to AXP cardholders coming soon ?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Sure would be nice, but at this point it is all speculation....

sdcarver
Old Jun 5, 2010, 4:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Define "soon."

Not likely within the next 6 months.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
More likely is less of an American Express relationship post-merger, not more of one, given the sway that Chase has. But indeed speculation, and we also don't know how far out the Continental-Amex contract runs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.